Diabetic Accountability Partners

Hey! I’m looking for people that are having to same issues as me- I usually stay on track for a few weeks then fall off for one reason or another. I have 50+ lbs to lose. Nutrition is my biggest issue, but so is sticking with working out longer than a couple a weeks.

Replies

• hateapples
    hateapples Posts: 28 Member
    I’m diabetic too.
  • CLN_Joyce
    CLN_Joyce Posts: 17 Member
    Same here! Recently diagnosed with Insulin Resistance and trying to keep my blood sugar in range is stressing me out. Seems impossible to stay on track with food OR exercise. Really could use a motivation/accountability buddy!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I assume you are all talking about type 2?
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Type 1 or 2? Two different creatures which are managed differently.
  • miasmommy962
    miasmommy962 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi im new here, i have type 1 diabetes and struggling to loose weight.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    I'm type 2, was diagnosed last year, feel free to add me! The struggle is real!
  • mustangem82
    mustangem82 Posts: 45 Member
    I'm type 2, I feel like I did great for nine months after diagnosis and then I derailed. Trying to get back on track! I'll be glad to help and I know I can certainly use extra support! Feel free to add me!
  • KeThur_18
    KeThur_18 Posts: 59 Member
    I’m type 2
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    I’ve been a diabetic since 2001
    I need to lose about 60 lbs
    Staying on a regimen and eating correctly is my problem
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I'm type 2, diagnosed last year and reduced my A1c from 11 to 4.7 by diet and exercise, currently down 113 lbs. I'm currently doing great but know a lot of people start out strong then lose their enthusiasm and backslide, and I don't want that to happen to me. If anyone wants to add me feel free!
  • wimpywrx
    wimpywrx Posts: 103 Member
    I have been type 2 for over 6 years and was reliant on meds to control it. Since 2015 I have lost 10 stone (140lbs) and now off all meds. However 2017 was not the best year and have gained 14 lbs back so 2018 I start again as they want to put me back on the medication.
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    I’ll be cheering for you
    You can do this
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    boy have I been waiting on a post like this.... Im type 2 and have all kinds of issues... plant based... low carb.....paleo....primal..... vegan.... im spinning.. i have actually been on 3 different diets in one day... would love to have some diabetic friends......