Activity Trackers (Fitbit) super thread!

Options
cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
What kind of Activity Tracker do you have and how do you like it?
What do you use it to track the most?
Does it work well?
Are you able to sync it well with this and other websites?

8sadydb6h87k.png

Replies

• Josh_Friedman
    Josh_Friedman Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin Vivosmart. I generally like it. I've used fitbit flex and Charge HR. I found Fitbit, over time, had issues with holding charge and charging up. The advantage of fitbit is the social network, which is very good and motivating. There are very few Garmin users on their social network. Also, I've had issues with Garmin syncing steps late at night where some of the steps I rack up between 11 PM and midnight might disappear, although it looks like some of the recent software updates have improved that. Also, I find Garmin is a bit stingier on giving you credit for your steps.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin Phoenix 3 Sapphire, and have been a long time Garmin user due to bicycle computers and other items. So, it made sense to tie them all together. Haven't had any issues with Garmin Connect syncing with any of my devices, and Connect then pushes to MFP and Strava.
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    Polar FT4
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I wear a fitbit flex. I just bought a new one for myself for Christmas, the fitbit flex 2, which is waterproof and it does sync to MFP
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

What kind of Activity Tracker do you have and how do you like it?

Garmin Forerunner (3 years). I used Garmin Vivosmart but the pixels on watch faded and I needed GPS function. Before that I used Fitbit Charge for about 1.5 years and the hardware, specially the band tore up 3 times, got free replacements only to have band tear up again. Ditched it.

What do you use it to track the most?

Tracking miles on my shoes, the running data when I am training in my running. I look at steps during the day, and sleep data every once in a while. It notifies me to walk, it also gives me email and phone notifications but these are no that important.

Does it work well?

For what I need it for, yes.

Are you able to sync it well with this and other websites?

MFP has intermittent issues from time to time on the syncing, but rare. Garmin has a good status update website and a good community forum for known issues.

My body weight scale syncs with MFP and MFP to Garmin no issues. Also syncs well with Strava.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Garmin Fenix 5X. For hiking, cycling, and cross country skiing mostly.
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit charge 2!

• cee134
    Options
    Is anyone unhappy with their Activity Tracker?
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options

When I clap ...i earn lots of steps ...and I have to clap a lot
  • cee134
    Options
    mybfisred wrote: »

When I clap ...i earn lots of steps ...and I have to clap a lot

From my understanding, if you jump up and down in a small boat and wave your arms you can double or triple your step count.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure its impossible to lose weight without one now.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »

I know I haven't been able to put one foot in front of the other since I lost mine. I am growing roots as I type.
  • NewlifeinNW
    Options

I know I haven't been able to put one foot in front of the other since I lost mine. I am growing roots as I type.

They should include a cattle prod button on them to make sure you move
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

This is true. I’ve been doing keto, and unless I have my fitness tracker in my pocket at all times, I really struggle to get enough electrolytes.
  • cee134
    Options

That's why I have 5, just to be safe.
  • NewlifeinNW
    Options

Good idea, seems like a safe plan. I also heard if you rub coconut oil on them they won't break.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I have a plain, low-frills Fitbit One. I chose this one for various reasons... The main one being that I can't stand to wear anything on my wrist or on my ankle.

The Fitbit One Clips to my bra or to the inside of my jeans pocket or to my waistband. It is very accurate.... Unless I wear it on a wristband on my wrist I don't get credit for clapping though. :-(.

I love it. It has just enough bells and whistles for me to feel sad if I lose it... Such as a little silent wake me up alarm... And it keeps track of the number of staircases I climb and the app helps me compare my calorie burn to what my fitness pal says.

I was devastated this summer because I had it clipped to my bathing suit and forgot to take it off and when I went in the ocean. I was certain I had killed it. I brought it back home to where we were staying... And was about to bury it in a bag of rice... When it turned on and said hello to me. I was never so happy.

Between using the Fitbit app and MyFitnessPal I feel like I have a good handle on keeping track of my activity. It does sync with MyFitnessPal and it also syncs with the app I just downloaded that actually pays me money for using it LOL. That is amazing.

Tl;Dr version.. Fitbit One and I loooove it
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

Good idea, seems like a safe plan. I also heard if you rub coconut oil on them they won't break.

Well hey, if it makes coffee Bulletproof...