Grieving....trials of looking after your body weight and at times whether you care

Options
There are millions who are sadly grieving....the impacts positive or negative are felt on the body regardless.

Some comfort eat...some use the control over the body as a grasp on something they can take charge of.

I have always been focused on my physical body and it's size....sometimes weight...sometimes not.

My husband died on 9th December. I am 42 and I have 2 girls 16 and 13.

I strangely found myself back on mfp for the first time in 4 years....I have weighed myself for the first time in 5 years.

I intend to be as healthy for my children now as possible. So I seem to have found my only moments of distraction in many planning...recipes ...whilst managing my body as effectively as I gain based on my goals.

It struck me....There are many who are in varying depths of grief....yet we still are living....So may be might find solace in finding others juggling what seems to be unimportant...

Yet oddly enough...comforting to plug in cals and meals and take charge of their physical selves.

So we shall see.

With love xxx

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Take care of you, take care of them.
  • walkswithfire4598
    Options
    Love to you my friend xx
  • walkswithfire4598
    Options
    I wish you and your family all the light and love I can send you....you are quite right.

Something tangible for our human while it struggles to make sense of our spirits bigger picture.

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for both of your losses. I gained much of my weight during a period of deep personal struggle - not loss, but certainly depression and upended routines. Looking back, I didn't realize how much I wasn't taking care of myself, or was even actively happy to be hurting myself. It's so important to make sure you're taking care of your mind as well as your body. I wish I'd realized that sooner, but we all have our own road to walk. Good luck to you all.
  • gracegettingittogether
    gracegettingittogether Posts: 176 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I just want to say, I am so so sorry for your loss! It's really important to let yourself grieve and find comfort wherever you can. It's so good that you are finding comfort in taking care of yourself!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I agree that taking control of the things that you can control can help when everything seems upside down.