Starting over 2018

Options
In 2017 I was doing good. I was walking and loosing weight. I lost 45 pounds but for the past 2 months I have gained 10 pounds. So I decided to start over in 2018. I would like to get down to 199 by 2019. Wright now I'm 268.6. So anyone that have gain over the holidays and would love to loose what they gained and more please join me. We can do this.

Replies

• yaddakadu
    yaddakadu Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm always looking for more friends. It's okay, don't beat yourself up too much. That's why it's called a "journey" because it not linear. Your health, weight, fitness pretty much will always go "up and down" the important part if you keep trying. Lord knows I've fallen off the horse so many times I've lost count.
  • Erin1082
    Erin1082 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over too. I began my journey in January 2016 and had lost 90 pounds by July. I hit a plaute and tried lots of adjusting. I gained weight so quickly over the holidays. I tried in 2017 to begin again, but had trouble behind committed. I've gained back all but 10 pounds, and in not entirely sure I didn't gain that over the holidays this year. I'm preparing to start over and would love new, mfp active friends. Feel free to add me.
    We can do this!
  • samcou90
    samcou90 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Add me because I am starting again to x
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I started the year doing well, but my inconsistent work schedule, wedding and honeymoon, and Harvey kicked me off the train. Starting over, so feel free to add me.
  • cactusdove
    cactusdove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started over today. I lost 70 pounds in 2 years.
    I haven't been doing so well this year. I gained 20 pounds. I refuse to undo all that hard work. We all can do this.
  • d16262
    d16262 Posts: 18 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    In 2017, I regained so much weight I previously lost. I’m ready to start a new year, healthier. Today I purchased a scale to weigh food to keep me on track and honest.
  • Lisa8179
    Lisa8179 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me, we have the same goals .. I'm sitting around 270, goal for 2019 is 190-199 (not ultimate goal), I am goin to be using my weigh in at my dr. (Every 3 months) as my official weights.. I go tomorrow to my Dr , that will be my official start weight .. it's to help stop the mind games lol.
  • jennahoward07
    jennahoward07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there, please feel free to add me. I lost 65 pounds over 2 years ago and have slowly been putting it back on... I'm at 245 now with a goal of hitting 199 this year. I've been going to the gym 2 to 3 days per week recently and would love some additional information/motivation/like minded people for this journey.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Pf, sometimes it feels like I start over every doggone day!
  • hope4dcb
    hope4dcb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day all !

Feel free to add me. Starting over for hopefully last time. Hoping to make life changes this time. Lost 20 lbs on Contrave 2 yrs ago but cost got to be too much and you guessed it those 20 lbs brought a few friends back with them. I would love to lose 50 lbs but am happy to start a smaller goal of 20 lbs.
    Going to doctor today for yearly and see where I’m at. **Anyone have any good tips for making and keeping changes that will stick?**
    -Starting out with drinking more water, since diet soda is what I normally drink...
  • tharris2136
    tharris2136 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning, it's a cycle many of us find ourselves enduring, "loss a few gain more than a few"... lol. Seriously, it's a struggle. Let me keep it real. I wake up around 4:30 to 4:45, a lay in bed until 5:30 or 5:45, doing absolutely nothing. When I say nothing I mean nothing. This self reflection made me consciously decide to do it again for a week. Why, you ask. Well, truthfully to be honest with me about me. If I would get out of bed when I wake up what in God's name could I have accomplished, what changes could have made, I would I feel about me. Because of this major light bulbs on moment in my life, today I woke up and got out of bed at 5:50. And it is amazing how I feel right now. I have been to the gym, line danced, washed dishes, did some laundry, cooked breakfast, took my vitamins and now in enjoying a long bath all before 8:30.
  • poborox
    poborox Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! I started a group about a week ago called *One-derland* for women and maybe you're interested in joining for support and motivation.Here's the link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124070-2018-one-derland .
    I hope you have a wonderful holiday! :)
  • mrstashafowler
    mrstashafowler Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know how ya feel...3 years ago I started at 233lbs. The day after christmas that year I got serious, and over the next year and a half lost 90lbs. (was 144lbs) I started running, and loved it! I was so proud of myself! Eating right became second nature... but I dont know what happened somewhere along the year 2017 I just fell into old habits... habits that disgusted me. I gained 30lbs back. stopped running entirely...had to buy new "fat" clothes again cause my goal clothes didnt fit anymore :( Yesterday was day one of my RESTART! I am very motivated, and Want to stay that way so any people in the same boat as me, it's encouraging to know we're not alone! I guess I thought once I reached goal it would have been easy to stay there, but this is a forever war, and I'm ready to take it on! I wish I wouldve cought it when i was only 10lbs over like you! At least your seeing the issue early and working to correct it :) kudos!
  • TeachPegg
    TeachPegg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would love to have lost 45 lbs.... I am so far away from my goal and need friends and motivation to keep me honest! If lI've to be a part of your new journey and toy could be part of mone too!!! Please
  • Cindeebee18
    Cindeebee18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy New Year! Starting from scratch for 2018, please add me, looking forward to making new friends!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You have done well and can do so again, stick with it through goodand bad. Good luck and all the best