Need motivation

Options
I’m trying to get back motivated so that I could work towards goal of a 90lbs weight loss.

Replies

• trigger2391
    trigger2391 Posts: 5 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Contrary to popular belief loosing large amounts of weight and 40kg (90ish pounds) is relatively large isn't just about the old college try.

Look at it like smoking is s good analogy. Massive amounts of people say I'm quiting and I'll just tough it out. Don't half *kitten* it.

Prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

Take 2 weeks, you can take too weeks to ensure you succeed. Documentation is the key. Document your life what you eat when you eat and how you eat it. That should tell you what your doing that is leading you to be 45kg heavy.

Then you start making some changes based on that. If you have trouble just do one thing at a time it only takes 21 days to make new habits.

Start stretching and look at both aerobic and resistance exercises. There are a plethora of them on youtube. Build it up slow build it as a habit and you'll find that you only have to use will power every now and then rather then to drag your sorry *kitten* outta bed in the morning for that jog.
  • ssmarquits84
    ssmarquits84 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will try to take baby steps.
  • SexyManTrackingCalories
    Options
    Goals. You create them because that's where you want to be. Work everyday to reach your goal and never doubt the hustle. Without hard work goals fade away. Be strong and train yourself to become the best you can be 24/7.
  • Ardael
    Ardael Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    And remember it's not going to be a constant free fall. You'll lose weight then will come a time where you will plateau. Don't panic it just means your body is adapting to its new routine. Just keep going and increase the pace bit by bit.

Sometimes small changes can make a huge difference without being to much hardship. Cutting out sugary drinks and replacing them with water is one of those steps that is quite easily taken and will make a good change both dietary and healthy. Introduce changes that suit you and that you know you can stick to. Because it's not just about weight it's also about wellbeing. If some of the changes make you unhappy/miserable/depressed then you will be less likely to follow through till the end and beyond.
    I don't diet. Can't do it. What worked for me was portion size. But to someone else it might not be enough. I read the story of a guy here on MFP who has lost an incredible amount of weight eating ONLY ( and I really mean only ) potato waffles and hot sauce for a year. Whatever works !!!
  • AriyahIsrael
    AriyahIsrael Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    One day at a time Sis. Focus on what you’re putting in your mouth vs what you’re putting out during exercise...on a daily basis. Consistency in these areas will equal big results in the end. I too need to lose a large amount of weight, which I gained back after starting school full-time and putting my health on the back burner. I’ll add you so we can push each other along :)!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,473 Member
    Options
    Ditto trigger2391.

And consider this- maybe you don’t need motivation, but something different. Motivation is notoriously unreliable. You can’t expect to find a weight loss high and keep it going long enough to lose more than a few lbs.

Do a bit of research into starting and maintaining good habits. Start thinking of yourself as determined.

Spend some time thinking about how you will stay committed to weight loss as a long term project. Think about how you will cope when discouraged. Slow and steady really does win at WL. But even “steady” has its ups and downs. Good luck.
  • ssmarquits84
    ssmarquits84 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks I need that encouragement
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Just to share a thought... most people come here thinking they need to be motivated, but I really don’t think that is the key. I think determination is key.

For example, it’s brutal cold here and I was not motivated to go out and run in this cold. But I went to the gym and ran 8 miles on the treadmill. My preference was to stay in the warm house on the couch under an Afghan. But I decided if it’s too cold to run outside, I can still go to the gym.

Yes and habits like they say above. Determination and habits.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Just to share a thought... most people come here thinking they need to be motivated, but I really don’t think that is the key. I think determination is key.

For example, it’s brutal cold here and I was not motivated to go out and run in this cold. But I went to the gym and ran 8 miles on the treadmill. My preference was to stay in the warm house on the couch under an Afghan. But I decided if it’s too cold to run outside, I can still go to the gym.

Yes and habits like they say above. Determination and habits.

And discipline
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Yes and Discipline!
  • myles1230
    myles1230 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Trust the process! Once you start seeing results your motivation will sky rocket! U got this!