I'm starting a free weight loss accountability group in the New Year to keep me accountable!

Options
TravelBear87
TravelBear87 Posts: 98 Member
edited December 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey all,

I'm thinking of starting a free accountability group for the New Year as I am really struggling to get back in to the swing of things.

I can't afford anything like a beach body group etc but I figured I could start one on Facebook or my fitness pal (if that's an option) and anyone who is interested could also join.

The idea is that we help each other out, set targets for ourselves and just give each other the support we need. It could become a place to share recipes, exercise routines etc and share our successes with like minded people.

Here's a little about me and what I want to achieve.

I'm a 30 year old female and I have recently gained a lot of weight. I used to weigh 116lbs (8stone 4lbs) but over the last 2 years I have gone up to 137lbs. I'm 5ft 2inches and I feel very uncomfortable as my weight gain is noticeable and a lot of my clothes do not fit and my running has also been affected.

I'd like to lose 21lbs and get back to where I need to be. I aim to do this by watching what I eat but also exercise.

I've lost weight before and I had an accountability buddy and it was so much easier and that's the idea behind this group, I really need the help and would like to help and support others.

All are welcome but ideally it would be great if you need to lose weight!

Look forward to hearing people's thoughts on this! :)

Replies

• sammarie_
    sammarie_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I’d be interested :)
  • aaronagostini
    aaronagostini Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested as well!
  • TravelBear87
    edited December 2017
    Options
    That's great, can you tell me a little bit about yourself and what you want to achieve? :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Just as an FYI. MFP has GROUPS.
    You can go form a group, then post the link in this thread.

Cheers, h.
  • Angie_au
    Angie_au Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Sounds like a great idea!
    I’m currently 23 and weigh 163lbs(74kg) and would like to lose 15-20 lbs over the next 3-4 months. Would be interested to be part of an accountability group!
    Thanks.
  • jkburkhart
    jkburkhart Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’d be interested. I prefer FB groups simply because I’m on it more. ;)
  • 2nelune
    2nelune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I’m interested. I’m in a very similar situation and would like to lose about 10 pounds and overall connect with workout/meal ideas.
  • LizzyLiz29
    LizzyLiz29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm interested! I'm in a funk and it would be nice to be a part of a supportive group striving for similar goals! Weight loss! I'm 5'2 and weighing in at 188 tonight. I'm looking for motivation. I would like to try and lose 30 lbs by my birthday! ( which is towards the end of March) I was doing really well with eating healthy then the holidays came and the food!!! I really need to focus on exercise. That's where I'm lacking.
  • alvarezadriana968
    alvarezadriana968 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm interested
  • BerniA1
    BerniA1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm interested, I'm losing the same 5kgs over and over and getting fed up, I need accountability.
  • guffyjennifer
    guffyjennifer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m very interested! I’m a 21 year old female standing at 6 feet tall. I’m looking to lose 30-50 pounds in total and hopefully have a significant amount gone by May 2018.
  • DmaMfz
    DmaMfz Posts: 125 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    LizzyLiz29 wrote: »
    I'm interested! I'm in a funk and it would be nice to be a part of a supportive group striving for similar goals! Weight loss! I'm 5'2 and weighing in at 188 tonight. I'm looking for motivation. I would like to try and lose 30 lbs by my birthday! ( which is towards the end of March) I was doing really well with eating healthy then the holidays came and the food!!! I really need to focus on exercise. That's where I'm lacking.

Just wanted to touch on a couple of your comments.

1. It’s not the food that made you gain. It was that you ate over your TDEE. You can still eat “healthy” and gain weight. You can eat hamburgers for every meal and lose weight. Weight gain is strictly too many calories, no matter where they come from.

2. Your diet (calorie deficit) is for weight loss. Exercise is more for health and shape. Exercise is great, just not necessary for weight loss.
  • TravelBear87
    Options
    Hey, thank you for all your replies! I'm so excited to get this accountability group set up.

I think I'll use my fitness pal, simply because some may want to keep Facebook private which is understandable.

I'll get it organised and send the link to all :)
  • makingmyday
    makingmyday Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, thank you for all your replies! I'm so excited to get this accountability group set up.

I think I'll use my fitness pal, simply because some may want to keep Facebook private which is understandable.

I am interested in joining your group! I weight 243 and I'm 5'5" . I really want to get back at this and lose 20 pounds by early April.
  • LizzyLiz29
    LizzyLiz29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

DmaMfz wrote: »
    LizzyLiz29 wrote: »

Just wanted to touch on a couple of your comments.

1. It’s not the food that made you gain. It was that you ate over your TDEE. You can still eat “healthy” and gain weight. You can eat hamburgers for every meal and lose weight. Weight gain is strictly too many calories, no matter where they come from.

2. Your diet (calorie deficit) is for weight loss. Exercise is more for health and shape. Exercise is great, just not necessary for weight loss.

I'm not sure what TDEE is but I will look into that. I am familiar with the BMR if that's similar.
  • elizabethlucey588
    Options

• elizabethlucey588
    Options
    I am interested in being a part of this group! I

• TravelBear87
    Options
    Hi all, the group has now been created, I will send those interested an invite to join. :smile:
  • vbertacco
    vbertacco Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in joining as well please!
  • TravelBear87
    Options
    I have sent all the invites to those interested so far, hopefully they have been received. :smile: