Supportive friends - 5’8 with ~ 30 lbs to loose

Options
Hey y’all! I’m back on MFP after some time away with the goal of finally achieving and maintain my fitness goals once and for all.

About me: I’m 29 years old with a high stress job that requires frequent travel. Due to my lifestyle, I’ve found it really hard to stick to a plan and kind of let myself go - but I’m no longer going to let this be my excuse for not living healthy.

Goals: I’m 5’8 currently weigh between 232 - 235 lbs. My ultimate goal is to get down to 175 - 185 lbs (I have a fit physique, and look unhealthy if I go below 165) but for now just want to focus on re-gaining muscle mass and losing the first 30 lbs.

I’m looking for highly motivated ladies with similar goals. If that’s you, please send me a friend request! Cheers :)

Replies

• DaisyCynthia
    DaisyCynthia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Whoohoo! Congrats on losing 13 lbs already. I feel the exact same way when it comes to just feeling unhealthy. Just sent a friend request your way!
  • helen79uk
    helen79uk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, decided to join MFP again as need some motivation from somewhere. Currently 196, but probs hit 200 now. Looking for some inspiration x
  • DaisyCynthia
    DaisyCynthia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Helen - I completely understand. The holidays are such a hard time to remain focused. Just sent you a friend request (hope I did it right) so that we can work on supporting each other. We’ve got this!
  • dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Completely understand, a high stress job with lots of travel also led me to pack on the pounds... Add me as well!
  • slalfano
    slalfano Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I’m 5’7 and want to get down to the 165-170 range. I also have a highly stressful life and while I don’t travel for work often, I do drive 75 min each way for work. That time sitting and wanting to snack is killing me! Would love to have someone to help keep me motivated
  • bgb2015
    bgb2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Definitely need some motivation to stay on track, about 10 lbs from my goal weight but finding these last 10 lbs harder to lose than the first 30 lbs I lost! Seems like a great positive community here! I work mostly from home and had leg surgery a few months ago and have been “off the wagon” ever since.
  • Travelswithabaya
    Travelswithabaya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey - add me. I travel for work and need to get my eating habits sorted fast as finding it much harder. Aiming for 68-70kg and am 5ft 7.
  • claunene
    claunene Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me please I need help and motivation! I also travel a lot for work and find it hard but this is OUR year and I plan to stay on track! need to loose 30 lbs! I'm 47 and 5'3 HELP!
  • prettylov33
    prettylov33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I sent you a request! I'm 25 and in a similar situation. I'm 5'8" and naturally muscular built (i'm about 170lbs). I'm trying to get down to 160. That doesn't seem like a lot but my body holds on to weight and so losing even 5lbs is hard for me!
  • EMartinez316
    EMartinez316 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! I feel that I can relate to everyone! Mother of 3-yr-old twins and a 6 year old, high stress career, and in my last leg of grad school! Needless to say stress and in need of motivational partners is required! Please help! Lol. Add me. Still becoming accustomed to this app. Any pointers would be appreciated. Also, I’m a very positive cheerleader, so i would love to cheer others in their journey as well!

-Blessings!

E.