Looking for a mentor!

Options
Hey all!

I am looking for an experienced, like-minded lady to mentor me, help me along and keep me accountable. I've dabbled on MFP but with the turn of the year, I'm ready to do work. I'm a 32 year old professional horse trainer and competitor. I like to ride, run, do yoga and eat veggies :) I'm currently my heaviest at just under 170. I'd like to get back in the comfortable 135-140 range. Anyone willing to help?

Replies

• Guineachick
    Guineachick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am willing to help. I am a veterinary technician. I don't have horses unfortunately, but do love them, and would love to ride as that is a great workout. I also run, and on occasion do yoga. I cycle and swim and do other aerobics, plus some weight training. I am 5' 0" and at my heaviest weigh 180 pounds. That was almost 10 years ago. I lost the weight (before MFP) and have kept it off, although a yo yo a bit but never get over 130 lbs usually. I am here right now to mainly maintain and or lose a few pounds as I tend to overeat if I don't log my food. I will add you as a friend. Feel free to ask me anything. I also took the fitness trainer course through ISSA a few years ago, but did not do anything with it as I love my other job too much.
  • RunnerJSB2014
    RunnerJSB2014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a MENTOR. I am 63 years old weigh in at 210. Up until a year ago i was an avid runner having run dozens of 10 milers and half marathons. I was running my 14th Marathon in November of 2016 and sustained a knee injury which has forced me at this time to stop running completely. I am able to hobble through on the treadmill now at 3.1 to 3.3 MPH after running comfortable for years at 6- 7+ MPH. I have gained so much weight that I now weigh in at 210. I need to get down to a reasonable 185-190. I am having trouble. every time I get to 200 I bounce back to 210. Anybody have the time or energy to try and help me achieve my goal?
  • Jacquie_Youngs
    Jacquie_Youngs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That would be awesome! Thank you so much! I added you :smiley:
  • The_Ta
    The_Ta Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Either of you are welcome to add me. I was a catch rider for many years. I am currently an RN, so I do know what I’m talking about when it comes to sensible nutrition. I joined MFP to lose weight, and I’m down 26 lbs to date since mid-September. It went on slow, so it has to come off slow.

Just keep in mind that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% activity. People over-estimate calories burned and under-estimate calories consumed!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    those looking for a mentor may want to keep an eye on this discussion http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10619586/2018-adopt-a-noob-discussion#latest

They have run one for a couple years now and help newbies and veterans pair up to work together.

Hope you find a good fit!