A quick tasty dish for pasta lovers

ziggy67
ziggy67 Posts: 351
edited September 30 in Recipes
For the pasta lovers among you this is a quick easy and tasty dish which is very healthy satisfying and comforting.

Ingredients:

Fusilli pasta (Twists)
Any other pasta shapes are fine too

Spring Onions...chopped
Garlic...optional
Spanish Chorizo....diced
Dry Cure Bacon Lardons...diced
1 orange pepper...deseeded blanched and chopped
1 yellow pepper "
1 green pepper "
1 red pepper "
(Frozen mixed peppers work just as well)
Mushrooms....chopped
Small can sweetcorn
Petit pois peas
1 large tomato...skinned and chopped. (Put tomato in boiling water first and skin comes off really easily)

Freshly grated parmesan cheese (or any other cheese of choice)

Cover pasta in boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes until cooked.
Simply toss onions, garlic, and chorizo and bacon bits together in a large pan (wok style) with a small amount of heated extra virgin olive oil till lightly browned, add peppers, mushrooms, tomato, sweetcorn and peas and simmer for about 10 minutes. When pasta is cooked drain and add to the meat and veg mixture and stir everything together till pasta is well mixed in.
Dish up and serve with a sprinkling of cheese on top to taste.

Delicious!

Replies

• Isnt chorizo extremely high in fat and sodium?
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    wot's chorizo?
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Wonder what the calorie per serving ends up to be... Sounds yummy though
  • Xaspar
    wot's chorizo?

It's a sausage made with paprika and other flavors. Often found in spanish and mexican foods.
  • ziggy67
    chorizo is a highy flavoured spicy sausage.. and yes it is high in sodium. I buy sliced chorizo out the supermarket and use about 4 slices to give it a bit of a kick. You can make this just as well by leaving the chorizo out.
  • Spanish chorizo is made from coarsely chopped pork and pork fat, seasoned with smoked pimentón (paprika) and salt. It is generally classed as either picante (spicy) or dulce (sweet), depending upon the type of smoked paprika used. Hundreds of regional varieties of Spanish chorizo, both smoked and unsmoked, may contain garlic, herbs and other ingredients. For example, Pamplona-style chorizo is a thicker sausage with the meat more finely ground.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/sausages-and-luncheon-meats/1335/2

I wouldnt eat chorizo, very high in fat, calories, salt.
  • Xaspar
    Oh, I'll eat it, it is delicious! I love chorizo with chicken for fajitas.
  • The recipe sounds yummy, I think I will subsitute spicey turkey sausage and give it a try! =)
  • ziggy67
    I love it too... I cook this once in a while for the family and it hasn't done me any harm...I've lost over three stone in two years!!!
This discussion has been closed.