Cookies!

I'm on day 5 on the plan and a weight management program at work. I've been doing pretty well. Sugar has always been my downfall and today I AM CRAVING COOKIES!!!!
Any suggestions for taming the cookie monster? (btw, the following don't work for me: gum, water, ONE cookie, diet soda or "diet" anything (hate aspartame).
Thanks!

Replies

• agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Cravings for sugar and other carbs are so tough to fight against! Those kinds of tricks don't work for me either. I have been trying to stick to some good old fashioned will-power... The more I indulge in sugars, the more I crave them... and I've noticed that the more I say no and dont eat sugars, the less my body craves them! So it ends up eventually getting easier!
  • I found a recipe for pumpkin cookies on this site, very low in calories, very high in protein ..and if you like pumpkin spice and chocolate they are awesome. I keep some frozen dough in the freezer and i eat it when I want something sweet, or bake it when I want coooooooooookies. I love cookies. Hence my profile title 'cookie fail'.
  • rsqsquad05
    rsqsquad05 Posts: 125
    peanut butter mixed with nutella heat in microwave for approx 6 - 9 sec and dip pretzels in it. Sooo yummy helps with the cravings and isnt as bad as cookies. Also Breyers apparently has some 160 cal ice cookie desserts and such. If you like dark chocolate you can buy a bag of choc chips and have 10 chips to curb ur sweet tooth. Better than grabbing a bag of m&ms or something. Good luck..working out helps too ..doesnt hardly seem worth the "cheat" after u worked ur butt off.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Get outta the house!!!!
  • VitaLeta
    VitaLeta Posts: 19 Member
    Maybe try the FiberOne Brownies? They're only 90 and packaged individually. And pretty filling and tasty!

Or maybe a granola bar? Some fruit or dried fruit?
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Raisins!!!!! Raisins!!!!! Raisins!!!!! Raisins!!!!! Raisins!!!!! Raisins!!!!! Raisins!!!!! Raisins!!!!! Raisins!!!!! Raisins!!!!! Raisins!!!!! Raisins!!!!! Raisins!!!!! LOL

Cookies was my biggest fall for temptation. Keep raisins and peanut butter in the house and to get over the crunchy sensation of wanting to to feel the crunch eat pork rinds. I used to cringe at the idea of eating them but their not that bad plus zero carbs and after a week of two of alternating between the two I was fine. No more cookie cravings.... LOL so far 26 days in and counting...Needless to say it has taken me a while to get the hang of it but I feel like I'm top of it now. =-)
  • Indy_mom
    Indy_mom Posts: 15
    Snackwell Devils Food cookies are fat free and I believe only 50 calories each. The other chocolate option I usually go with is a fudgesickle bar (sugar free and 40 calories). Skinny cow has some options too, I haven't tried them yet though.
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    I had the same problem with peanut M&Ms yesterday and by the time I finished reading all the great advise and supportive messages from everyone ~ the craving had passed. (Check out my post: "HELP! Talk me off the Peanut M&M Ledge" - A LOT of great advise!) Good luck!!
  • mom_2_girls
    mom_2_girls Posts: 18 Member
    I made homemade applesauce (about 58 cal for 1/2 cup). After that I decided to try using the applesauce in place of oil for a cake mix cookie recipe and it worked! It was delicious! My kids devoured them!

Recipe I used:
    Funfetti cake mix
    3 egg whites
    1/2 cup applesauce.
    Cook at 375 degrees till done. The dough is sticky.

I measured them in 1 oz cookies. They came out to about 94 calories each. Two cookies gave 3 g protein and 2 grams fiber (I believe. I cant look at my status and write this at the same time). I am sure you could use other cake mix or cookie mix to adjust the calories. If I can ever find fibersure again, I will add that next time to make them even healthier w/o changing the taste.

My applesauce recipe was: 5 red apples, 4 tbsp water, 6 (1g) packets of xylitol, and at the end ~1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
    It was my first time trying to make applesauce and it turned out great. It didn't even need the sugar bc the apples were that sweet.
    Recipe:
    Cut the apples and put them in a pot with the water (skin and all). Add the xylitol, cook till soft (I covered mine). Add cinnamon. If you don't like it chunky, put it through a food processor.
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    peanut butter mixed with nutella heat in microwave for approx 6 - 9 sec and dip pretzels in it. Sooo yummy helps with the cravings and isnt as bad as cookies. Also Breyers apparently has some 160 cal ice cookie desserts and such. If you like dark chocolate you can buy a bag of choc chips and have 10 chips to curb ur sweet tooth. Better than grabbing a bag of m&ms or something. Good luck..working out helps too ..doesnt hardly seem worth the "cheat" after u worked ur butt off.

yum!!
  • proctorgirl07
    proctorgirl07 Posts: 68 Member
    I have peanut butter on an apple or granola bar!! it helps me soooo much!