Question for women!

Options
I have a strange question for you ladies. I am a medium-breasted woman (full C cup) and I *could* do jumping jacks, skipping rope, etc. but my boobies tend to make this difficult! They bounce, and it either hurts or seems to knock my breathing out of whack, therefore I can't control my breathing & do the exercise. I have tried numerous sports bras, including high-impact ones & I've even tried working out in an under-wire bra to see if it has more support and helps. None of the bras I've tried keep them from hindering certain workouts. I've seen some people wear two sports bras, and others who seem to have the perfect bra to keep their girlies in place.

Question is: what do you ladies do? What kind of bra do you use for higher-impact workouts? If any of you do wear two bras, are they both high impact sports bras or what? I NEED to find a solution so I can do higher-impact/higher-intensity workouts! Thank you!

Replies

• armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize! I was formerly a DD in your situation. I'm not sure if it was right, but I ended up getting a sports bra a size smaller than what 'fit' so that it would hold the suckers into place. Now that they are down a couple sizes, it's not as desperate of a situation, LOL.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Interesting.... I'm a "C" cup and have no trouble keeping the girls in place with a good sports bra. I have two I purchased from Old Navy which have some padding for a little definition and that I bought with matching shorts. I also have a Champion brand sports bra that I purchased from Target which smooshes them almost flat and I have no movement at all while running with it on.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Find a tight sports bra. you do not want to stretch those puppies out and lose weight in them at the same time. I sometimes a use string bikini top to work out in, tied tight of course.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    A GOOD sports bra.

Enell has a good one, I hear. I wear Moving Comfort's Fiona (34DD) that works quite well and was a little cheaper (last year's model :smile: )
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    Well, totally understand!! I had to buy new sports bras and was just lucky about finding some good ones. I do need to buy new ones the elastic get stretched out and then if you lose weight you just swim in them and "the girls" just have a mind of their own.!! lol
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel.....and I m alot bigger than you.....I finally found a sports bra by Nike.....I paid $65 for it but it was worth every penny....I don't know the name of it....but the straps adjust and also have air pockets in them so that when you are jumping around.....the straps don't cut into your shoulders.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pwp,c-1+100701/hf-10001+12002/t-Bra_Tops_and_Sports_Bras#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-100701/pid-320989/pgid-438717

I think this is it...it worked for me....good luck!
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm larger chested AND currently breastfeeding which makes a high impact bra a MUST. I have gotten a couple of the high impact ones at Target and like those all right. In fact I did jumping jacks in them yesterday and it was fine. I also have a couple higher quality high impact ones that I got at the sporting goods store and they work well too. I'd size down though so it is tight.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I wear two sports bras (yes at the same time!), I am a 36DD and I bought them both at about at 34 C to they are REALLY tight, almost look and feel like chest binders when they are on, but I am able to run, jump and not be in pain
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I will say it a billion times because I love my sports bra so much: Shock Absorber sports bras. You won't move an inch.
  • Alissa_Sal
    Alissa_Sal Posts: 141
    Options
    I am a D and my sports bra works just fine. Maybe when you are trying them on, do some jumping jacks or running in place to see if everything stays put before you buy it?
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    This is the sports bra I wear:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-High-Impact-Racerback-Zip-Sport-Bra/11019713

I'm a 36C. I run, lift weights, do boot camp, and Zumba and get virtually no movement with this. I have 6 of the same bra.
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's input! Maybe my bras are just "old & stretched out". I'll try some of the ones you all suggested! Thanks so much!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I also use the shock absorber. Its amazing.
  • rairye
    rairye Posts: 27
    Options
    I am a DDD but I usually wear a regular bra along with a cami with a "built-in" bra..playing volleyball I would do the same with a regular and sports bra.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel.....and I m alot bigger than you.....I finally found a sports bra by Nike.....I paid $65 for it but it was worth every penny....I don't know the name of it....but the straps adjust and also have air pockets in them so that when you are jumping around.....the straps don't cut into your shoulders.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pwp,c-1+100701/hf-10001+12002/t-Bra_Tops_and_Sports_Bras#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-100701/pid-320989/pgid-438717

I think this is it...it worked for me....good luck!

I too am big now and I'll where a Nike sports bra as well as a nike tank with a sports bra built in!. Hopefully once I lose some of this weight the cup size will go down and I can just where the tank w/built in bra. If not I think that's just what I'm going do forever!