New here! Vegetarian thinking about staring to be full vegan! Advice?!

Options
Looking for vegetarian and vegan friends! And any advice for any vegetarians who have switched to vegan!! Also anyone welcome to add me would love to add people back! Aloha!

Replies

• dfein001
    dfein001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey! Same here- looking for vegetarian and vegan friends. I am a vegetarian- but I do find veganism something to aspire to in little steps when possible.
  • rach3116
    rach3116 Posts: 34 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Me me!!!! I’m a long time pescatarian (fish only) but am slowly and naturally fading into a full vegan diet. I kept track the other month and I’m 80% vegan without trying already! So I think it’ll happen slowly but surely for me- No pressure on myself.
  • cgod
    cgod Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am veggie and hoping to become vegan in 2018. My diet has been becoming more vegan naturally although I am not there yet. Experimenting with cheese recipes at the moment as I find it hard cooking without.
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I was vegan back in the day. My only advice is don't try to make cheese happen. It won't happen. After eating vegan for 6-8m and having our family have to go dairy free for both kids when they were young...it just isn't the same. Daiya products get close....but yeah in general you will save a bit of money by not trying out and being depressed at every option lol.
  • mbourne2582
    mbourne2582 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m vegan and have been for 2 years although at times not the most healthiest I’m here to change that!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Slasher09 wrote: »
    I was vegan back in the day. My only advice is don't try to make cheese happen. It won't happen. After eating vegan for 6-8m and having our family have to go dairy free for both kids when they were young...it just isn't the same. Daiya products get close....but yeah in general you will save a bit of money by not trying out and being depressed at every option lol.

I think I would advise people to try a couple different kinds for themselves to see if they like them. Sometimes people who try one and dislike it wind up enjoying another brand.

I think Daiya is just okay, but I really enjoy Mikoyo's Creamery and Kite Hill.