the rollercoaster of temptation

Options
On Monday, my bestie, our daughters and myself are headed out for a day of fun at a water-amusement park in the area!!! I'm SOOOOO excited but nervous about what it will do to the relationship between myself and the scale!!! Here lately, we have been getting along quite well!! :flowerforyou: I know I will be burning calories pretty much all day...with all the swimming and running around we plan to do, but how do I know how many for sure {or is a serious attempt at guessing ok in this situation??} I'm packing a lunch for everyone to save money and calories, so thats a plus but I CAN'T be within 1,000 feet smelling distance of a funnel cake and not give in to temptation!!! :blushing: Any tips, advice, motivation as far as surviving, and still having fun, in a situation like an amusement park or the fair??

Replies

• Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Packing food is great, and you are right, you will be running around all day so you will burn a fair amount... so how about you have a funnel cake and share it with your friends/family? That way you get to enjoy it (mmmmm.... funnel cake..) and don't have to worry too much about going over. Last time i went to a water park I was exhausted from all the walking and climbing up to the top of water slides with huge rubber rings!
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I went to an amusement park on Sunday with my boyfriend and his kids. We were there 9 hours so I just averaged 5 hours of walking around at a 2.0 slow pace. I think MFP calculated 989 calories. So I didn't feel quilty about having that one slice of pizza I had or the churro. Have fun and I 2nd the share the funnel cake with your friends/family idea.
  • burrellkj
    burrellkj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Look up how many calories a funnel cake would be and plan ahead so that you have the calories saved up to have one. Denying yourself lifes little pleasures is the fastest way to get burned out! :) Coming from a yo-yo dieter. I think you should never view any food as "bad" or "off-limits" Just watch your portions and every once in awhile treat yourself!!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Think mote positively. You CAN say no to temptation.
    But if you need to, plan a treat. Either split something so you only eat half, or burn it off with an extra workout before you go.
    But whatever happens, don't beat yourself up about it. It's okay to trip up a little along the way, but just get back on track ASAP.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I never feel guilty about indulging in a treat on special occassions. I'm into being healthy for the rest of my life, so I figure "balance" is a part of a healthy lifestyle. I agree with burrellkj, no food should be labelled as "bad" or "off-limits", but rather just be aware of portion size and enjoy life!

BTW, what is a funnel cake?? I'm from Western Canada and obviously we don't have those here, or maybe it's an amusement park food (we don't have many of those here either).

Have fun on your family outing!