No time/engery for exercise. Help please!

Options
So I have been MIA for a couple weeks, but here I am! I have not gained any weight back since I have been gone and have still been eating pretty decent, however I just can't find the time/energy to workout which is what I need at this point! Suggestions please!!

Replies

• rairye
    rairye Posts: 27
    Options
    I find that there is ALWAYS time :) I usually do my workouts early in the morning it jumpstarts my energy level and it's done before anything else during the day can bump it aside..
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Start out slow - do a 20 minute run or 30 minute cardio DVD etc, you'll get back into the swing of it soon enough and find the energy and desire to work out longer :)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Check out BodyRock.tv. Great workouts quick and get results when you do them :0)
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    even when I think I don't have time, I make time...if I'm about to get in the shower, I'll pop in 30 DS first, it only adds 20 minutes to my shower/getting ready time, but it's worth it!
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Of course it all depends on your personality and responsibilities.

For me I wake up between 4:30-5am to run or do weights. If I don't do it then, it'll never get done. It's my me time. When I get back it's the rush of the morning getting everyone ready for work/school. So I cherish my me-time.

I HATE getting up at that hour, but it's my only option.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    You have to make time. No one has time - don't make excuses. I'm sure you can find 20 minutes 1-2x a day.
  • klamont9
    klamont9 Posts: 59
    Options
    Get up 30mns to an hour earlier a few days a week and workout. Then when you can handle that, bump it up to 5-6 days a week. It is hard at first, but now I cannot think of starting my day without working out. Plus I love the fact I get it out of they way before heading to work.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    walk to the shops ?

a walk to feed the ducks at the local park?

taking a friends dog round the park ?

exercise doesnt have to come from a beachbody DVD !
  • pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Do it in the morning! Force yourself to get up by thinking about your goals. I wake up early in the morning everyday and run 2 miles. After that, I have much more energy and find more motivation to do other workouts. Just always have your goals in mind..think swimsuit!!!
  • heather3879
    heather3879 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just make yourself do a little bit. Commit to 10 minutes of a walk or something easy. I find that once I start, I find more motivation and energy, so usually these small bits turn into real workouts. Even if they don't, something is better than nothing!
  • eruczyn1
    eruczyn1 Posts: 12
    Options
    I do ten minute belly dancing/salsa/Zumba/some sort of dance videos. I am always busy and I never have time, energy or interest for the traditional workout, so I fit in a video before I take my daily shower and it makes me feel great for the day.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Every morning at 4:30 am, I'm wondering how the heck I'm going to get through that workout. But, every morning, I DO! And, I feel such a great sense of accomplishment. Plus, I'm so energized afterwards, it really helps get me through the day.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I now get up at 630 am to jog, never would I thought I'd do that! When you make the time to exercise you will start to get your energy back. Just do something. Also helps if it's something you enjoy. I love bike riding and playing tennis, so now I just play and ride harder! You can do this!!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, but its just one of those things you gotta push yourself on...or make an appointment to go workout. I've had to do that! I know have appointments at least twice a week at the gym and then I'm also trying to do more at home. Good luck!! I'm still struggling with time and energy too!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I do it as soon as I am home from work. I also walk on my breaks at work which ends up being a mile. I would love to get up at 530 everyday to workout but I like my sleep...... I squeeze it in whenever possible.

Once baseball for my son starts again, I will probably have to get up in the morning.
  • cupldsgal
    cupldsgal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I get up at 5am, work from 6am to 6:30pm, by the time i get home and do dinner because the familyl is waiting, its bedtime! I have tried bringing my tennis shoes to work and doing even a 15minute walk during a break or lunch but with the heat thats just miserable! IM open to ANY SUGGESTIONS! I know i need to move more!
  • rachpiper720
    Options
    Check out BodyRock.tv. Great workouts quick and get results when you do them :0)

I second this whole-heartedly! Bodyrock is AWESOME for people with little or no time. The shortest workout I found was 4 minutes, but it will be the most intense 4 minutes of your life! Here's the link: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2010/10/17/4-minute-pre-breakfast-workout/

Most workouts are between 12-20 minutes, and I have had amazing results just doing them 3x a week. Good luck!
  • momandboys4
    Options
    I hear ya, I am up at 5 every morning to get ready for work.... Then put a 10 or 11 hour day in on top of driving time to-from and sometimes there just isnt enough time to do everything! I just do what I can.... 20-30 zumba dvd's are my favorite.... They are quick and I do it right when I walk int he door so there is no time to relax! Good luck..................
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Start out slow - do a 20 minute run or 30 minute cardio DVD etc, you'll get back into the swing of it soon enough and find the energy and desire to work out longer :)

This is good advice to start out slow. Even if it's only a 10 minute walk. Sometimes we get so overwelmed with the challenge of carving a half hour or hour plus out of our day for a good work out that you can develop an 'all or nothing' attitude. And think well here's another day I'm not going to make it to the gym and become discouraged. Start out small - say 20 minutes today! Even if it's just skipping rope or doing jumping jacks at home. I also find that if I make a commitment to meet up with a friend of mine who works out that I'll get the job done. Like a work out date so to speak!

You can get up extra early to fit a work out in too. I, personally, can not drag my tired butt out of bed early enough to do this. People who wake up at 4:30 in the morning to work out are my heroes!!!! I so wish I had that motivation. I would rather work out at 10:30 at night (if that's the only way to fit it in) than get up early!

So tomorrow............work out! and report back in!
  • craig1768
    craig1768 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Its all about what takes priority in your life? Everyone has commitments and responsibilities. I don't even turn on the tv
    anymore. Its easy to sit down for three hours and find something entertaining to watch.

Write down where all your time is going and remove what doesn't add value to your life.