Orange Theory Calorie Burns...Accuracy?

Options
Hi everyone!

I tend to never stick with a workout routine but just started orange theory. It’s the right amount of structure to keep me going without being as overbearing as a 1:1 on personal trainer. I would love to hear other experiences of OT goers and how seriously you take the calorie burns.
I’m 5’6, 150 pounds, 22 female and so far:
Day 1: 557 calories burned and 23 splat points
Day 2: 667 calories burned and 36 splat points
Day 3: Happening today :-)

I’m really not used to cardio so I expect my splat points to go down once I adapt a little more. But anyway, I’ve been adding my exercise calories to MFP as a relative comparison between my workouts but not really to actually take it seriously since it seems high for me. I’m not really counting calories right now as strictly as I used to since 150 is slim for my frame and I’m pleased with my appearance- however I’m not thrilled with my lack of endurance which is why I joined OT. But I also don’t wanna gain if I follow the OT calorie burns.

Thanks for you insight!

Replies

• kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I started OT a month ago, but I’ve been working out for 6 years. I agree it’s the right structure for what I need now. I call it “Bodyfit” lite. That was the class I took at the gym 3 1/2 years and nearly got me shoulder surgery. I seldom eat the calories I burn during exercise. Occasionally, I’m just hungry. I’ll eat more. I know the after calorie burn is definitely something that works for me. I took a year off of intense exercise to rehab my shoulders. I did Pilates the whole year. I put on 20 pounds over the year. I started OT 3 times a week and I’ve already lost 8 pounds. Haven’t changed the way I eat really. My body needs that extra burn.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    If those burns are for one-hour workouts, they are probably an overestimate. At your weight, you would have to run a 10 min mile for 60 min nonstop to burn 667 calories. But we are not talking huge discrepancies here, so the best thing to is just not eat them all back.