Looking to lose 40 by New Years

Options
I know this is a stretch but I feel like I can really do it if I push myself and have the resources behind me! I am currently 170 pounds, looking to be 130. I am 5'4 and a mom to 2 kids, a 5 year old girl and almost 3 year old boy. I want to get down to a healthier weight and leaner body! I will be buying a full suit of leathers for my motorcycle in January and want to be at my goal weight by then so I don't have to buy them again a month or two later! Any tips or hints? I am starting to work out at 530AM, seems to start my day out really well. Are there groups to join of other moms or monthly goal groups? I Need as much help and motivation as possible!!!! I love this site, have it on my phone. I already am eating better and coming below my calories every day. I am so excited to have a resource like this just wanted to know if there was anything else I can take advantage of on here that would help me even more!

Replies

• jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    we do have monthly goal groups--- usually its done by month and most of the "august" groups r closed... i'm in a group for august thats goal is to lose 10 lbs by august! we also have weekly goals-- this weeks it to burn off 500 calories per day with exercise. i'm happy to keep u updated on everything if you want to follow our group goals!! friend me if you'd like to :)
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    MEN and WOMEN: Lose 10lbs in August 2011 Challenge

This here is an open group. We post on mondays this month.
  • Sade510
    Sade510 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    How do you join the groups?
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Heather,

You can do this. take it one day at a time. Log your food, log your workouts and check in regularly. Accountabilty is key is success.
  • hdreher1117
    Options
    Thanks Suzanne :) You may need to remind me to work out! I've slacked on that part the last 2 days :(