That first week

Options
Hey guys,
Anyone have any tips for getting through the first week?
I find that after two days of motivation, it all starts to get harder.

Replies

• Once_superman
    Once_superman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just keep going! Some days aren't as easy as others but consistency is the key. Once you start a routine it becomes part of your lifestyle.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    when you see results is what spurs you on. Keep going through good and bad, are you logging all food and drink that really helps to keep you on track. good luck
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I find that getting on this forum and reading success stories helps me. I also find that reading books on overeating and diet help
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you just have motivation for two days of what you are doing, maybe what you are doing is lots of unnecessary things.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    If you're designing a program for yourself that you can't sustain for more than two days, that's not the right program for you. You need to find something that you can do for months, not just two days. Is your calorie goal too low? Are you making too many changes at once? Is your exercise routine too much too soon?
  • hlofit25
    hlofit25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My motivation for doing anything, is remembering why I do it. I really enjoy walking, running and exercising and I feel amazing afterwards. So my motivation comes from just reminding myself that it is something I love to do and not have to do. If the form of exercise you're doing is something that you dread, than maybe try changing it up and doing something that you really love. It will seem more like work than play.

I'm also trying to hard to find my motivation back and while it's hard, I'm starting off slow and building up to the level I once was at. Hope that helps and best of luck.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    Anyone have any tips for getting through the first week?
    I find that after two days of motivation, it all starts to get harder.

If you can't do more than 2 days then you're doing it wrong.

Think sustainable lifestyle changes, not a diet
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    As others have said, rather than try to change everything at once and risk running out of steam after two days, why not take it slow and steady and make small, manageable changes? How about for the first week you don't make any changes at all - you just start off by logging what you're eating now? That will get you into the habit of logging and help you to see where changes can be made. There are other small steps you can take - increasing the amount of water you drink, making sure you get enough sleep, increasing your steps or daily activity. Each week (or whatever time frame works for you), add another small change and gradually you'll change your habits.

When you start out it's easy to think "I'm going to change everything right now!" but in practice that rarely works. Don't be afraid to take things slowly and figure out what works for you - for your lifestyle, your habits, your likes and dislikes. Good luck, and I hope you find the determination to stick with it! :)
  • 2014catec
    2014catec Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It gets better after the first week. I started dieting before I started working out that way it wasn't too much.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    If you're all excited and energized the first 2 days, use it! Get trigger foods out of your house. Fill the cabinets and freezer with healthy foods you like. Cook ahead and freeze. Log all your food for the first week, knowing you may change it. But you'll have a good idea of a possible good meal and won't need to stop and get fast food because you're just too tired. Plan and prep snacks. Take healthy snacks to work. Look up new recipes to try. Write lists of foods needed from store for new recipes. Then when your excitement and energy lags, it will be easier to continue.