Options
2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Ps Loving the foodie pics... yum :smiley:

@RunRutheeRun Are you familiar with this thread? (Apologies if you've posted there and I've missed it!) Tons of food pics :smiley:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10498878/looking-for-friends-who-dont-eat-clean-and-healthy#latest

Thanks for this, its one I haven't seen :smile:
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. It’s nice to see other folks are doing a temporary maintenance too. I started 2 days ago with calories set at maintenance and waffle between wanting to eat the world and stick to the mostly healthy stuff I’ve been eating. So far I’ve stayed in range. Planning to take 10-14 days here then back at a pound a week. What I have noticed is that when I eat something sweet I get really “cravey”. I have really been enjoying NOT feeling that way over the past 6 months so will need to be thoughtful about how I spend my extra calories. Kinda fun to be my own science experiment ! Carry on all you holiday maintainers/refeeders!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Maintaining has a whole new set of challenges, but is thrilling and rewarding in its own way. I’m happy to be one year in and excited to see what the future holds.....Hang in there everyone!!
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I’m doing a temporary maintenance too. I decided to set my calories for about 100 short so that if I go to a party I will have about 700 calories to play with on a weekly averaging system. I continue to log everything and it seems to be working really well. I think I will do this until the end of February and then get back in the saddle when new Spring energy hits and I can ride my bike again.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Merry belated Christmas, to those so inclined! How is everyone’s temporary maintenance going? I had a few more nights out last weekend than I’d planned, a few more cookies for breakfast, but I’m feeling pretty good all in all. The scale’s up a couple of pounds, but even if that all sticks around, I know what to do with it.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I decided to take a 'diet ' break after losing 90 pounds and feeling like I was plateauing and needing a break . I still had about 10 pounds to go . I didn't really log for 2 months but kept being as active as I was before. I am up about 4 pounds . I did totally indulge over the weekend and had a trip South in this time frame too. Glad I did the break but now ready to go into a deficit to lost the last 15 pounds . I actually thought the damage might be worse
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Fascinating. I have bookmarked this. Set at a surplus over Christmas Day and Boxing Day and then maintenance to the New Year and will then kickstart phase 2. Phase 1 was to lose 20lbs which I have done. Now want to lose another 20.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I pretty much stopped logging and just enjoyed December. Up 3 pounds, and discovered that one bite of chocolate, cake or cookies is like flipping a switch. I hope I can “do” moderation next year. I started out counting calories but quickly derailed.
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those with the go switch when I start on the sweets. After 7 days of maintenance and a 0.4 pound gain I am going back to the 1 pound a week club with relief!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    New mum here, I have a gorgeous little 4 week old baby girl who is just perfect! I have about 30lbs to shift of baby weight and I'm itching to get to it but I know I need to maintain for a little bit to bit ruin my milk for her! So temp maintainer here! X
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I pretty much stopped logging and just enjoyed December. Up 3 pounds, and discovered that one bite of chocolate, cake or cookies is like flipping a switch. I hope I can “do” moderation next year. I started out counting calories but quickly derailed.

Very similar here! I really enjoyed my steak pie which I would never normally have and some cake. I intend to eat a lot of fish over the next week or to to get back to what I weighed before Christmas!

• vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I switched to temporary maintenance at the beginning of December because a lot of my exercise comes from riding my bike to work which I won't be able to do for the winter months. Plus I wanted a little practice for permanent maintenance. I was doing great until last week when everything went to *kitten*. Last year I managed the holidays really nicely and stayed within calorie goals for the most part. This year - nope! Best part of it though was the realization that as tempting as it is to let loose, I don't even enjoy it. I don't like the foods half as much as I think I will, I hate the feeling of being gorged and I hate the sugar crashes. So I've got myself back on track as of today - back to maintenance until the end of February and then with renewed dedication to lose the last 15 pounds! Happy New Year to all!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Happy New Years, temporary maintainers! My husband is downstairs cooking dinner, then we’re headed out to ring in the new year at our neighborhood bar. Good times. I’ve taken the next few days off and am trying to decide how to ease back into my deficit. I’m going to miss the extra calories, but I feel pretty good and strong and rested, and that’s really the point, right?
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »

I’m that way, too. I can be so good, but if I decide it’s okay, it makes it really hard to do moderation. I do not have maintenance down. I’m losing ten lbs up from my goal in 2016