SI Joint Degeneration/Pregnancy

Options
Hi I'm 36 with a new surprise on the way. A bit unnerved because I certainly wasn't expecting to be with child at this weight. I was an extreme fan of exercising until I'd be in so much pain after it led me to a spine clinic. I suffer from Sacriliac Joint pain and after 10 weeks of therapy I'd like to get active but the simplest things take extra effort now it seems. I would like to be as healthy as I can during this pregnancy as I have 100 pounds to lose. Not quite sure where to shift my focus because it's all a blur. Positive input would be great. I need all I can get.

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor about calorie goal during pregnancy

This^^^^^^^^^^^ Losing weight during pregnancy is something that should be closely monitored by your doctor. The fetus needs nutrients to grow properly. That is your main concern now. You'll have to think of yourself later.
  • Believeinme35
    Believeinme35 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Alll true indeeed. I will keep you guys posted about my progress
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Can you take daily walks? It's a low impact way to keep active. My doctor told me when I was pregnant that it was not the time to concentrate on weight loss, but eating proper nutrients for the child's development and to keep my energy up.
  • Believeinme35
    Believeinme35 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes I can take walks. Though low impact I'm so sore after due to my joints. I will consult to see what natural supps can help me with joint pain