Log my walk as exercise or just the steps are fine?

Options
MyFitnessPal is connected to my apple watch and tracks the steps from there. I sometimes purposely walk somewhere a bit far from my house to get some extra exercise/steps in. Like right now I am going to walk 30-minutes to a coffee shop to work and then 30-minutes back.

Should I just let my steps adjust my calories for the day? I normally log my walk as an "outdoor walk" on the Apple watch and then it shows as exercise in MyFitnessPal. Not sure which way I should do it. I don't speed walk or anything because I don't want to be super sweaty in my regular clothes. Thanks Everyone! :)

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit, i assume the Apple watch works in the same way. But no, I don't log any of my exercise, i let fitbit automatically log it and sync it over to MFP. it's set and forget :+1:
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I don't have my Fitbit log my calories on mfp so I log my walks that are more than 10 consecutive minutes or longer as an exercise and I low-ball the calories
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Since you are logging the walk through your watch you should be fine whichever way you want to do it. Be careful if you add it through MFP's activity page, make sure you set the correct start time so it doesn't get counted twice.
  • rcvillaabrille
    rcvillaabrille Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try if your watch is compatible with pacer pedometer. Then link that to your mfp. It will automatically add your steps to your mfp. :)
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I let my apple watch do all the tracking if it's just steps. sends it just fine to MFP