vegan/vegetarian

Options
Just wonder if there was any non meat eaters here... I'm currently vegetarian and trying to make the vegan transfer. Also have a slight drinking problem which is how I ended up here... #beerbelly lol

Replies

• twopaulines
    twopaulines Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, was once a vegan but decided a life without cheese wasn't a life at all lol I'm happy to add you as a friend and be an encouragement. Good luck to you. It's the best decision I ever made!
  • mbourne2582
    mbourne2582 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m vegan although a very unhealthy one hence being here! I’m on a mission to become healthier and happier
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan -- there's a vegetarian and vegan group at http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores that you might be interested in as well.
  • gfit581
    gfit581 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im vege. Anyone want to connect let me know.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I'm ovo-lacto vegetarian. I cook a lot of vegan, but love cheese too much to consider giving it up. (And my go-to meals when I want to feel full and eat light are egg-based).
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 24 years. (I eat eggs, honey, and dairy, and have never been interested in giving them up.)

I have been overweight as a vegetarian and I have been a healthy weight as a vegetarian. It's all about CICO. I lost 45 pounds with MFP in 2016, maintained through most of 2017, had an abdominal hysterectomy in October, and seem to be in this magical metabolic state where I can go over my calorie goal by 500 or more every day (going on 6 or 7 weeks now...) and stay the same weight. But I know that can't last, so I've kept logging and slowly increased exercise.
  • myles1230
    myles1230 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Nah! I love me some juicy meat! Lol yeah alcohol will definitely hurt your gains and goals. It’s all about moderation, and staying within your daily calorie goal.
  • Lil206
    Lil206 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian myself and have been for 25 Years. Stick hard to it but my main problem is alcohol! Love it too much. My aim is to cut out the alcohol and get fit in 2018.
  • littletinybobs
    littletinybobs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a vegetarian trying her best to make vegan choices. I'm pretty much dairy free with just the odd free range eggs or yoghurt every now and again, havent had cows milk in two years. Im also a new mum so im trying to shift the baby weight but insure I get all the right stuff for breast feeding. Feel free to add me :)
  • SammiJKewley1969
    SammiJKewley1969 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm just starting out being veggie. And also just quit drinking. Bit of a test tonight (NYEve)
  • kerryjudson
    kerryjudson Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've been veggie for 34 years, giving "veganuary" a go starting tomorrow. Happy new year everyone :)
  • orochiwarrior
    orochiwarrior Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've been veggie for 34 years, giving "veganuary" a go starting tomorrow. Happy new year everyone :)
    Wishing you all the best, I did the 30 day vegan challenge back in May this year and never went back to my Veggie diet