Any good exercise DVD's please??

Options
I'm 16 stone and a smoker (one thing at a time!) and can't get to a gym (not that i'd have the guts to anyway) but I'm looking into some exercise dvds that i can do? I really dont have that much huff and puff in me so one that works hard but not so fast ill die within 5 minutes!

So if you can name some good ones and maybe the calories i'll burn off doing the full DVD or any success stories would be brilliant!

I only have around a £30 budget as the partner doesn't think they work, but I'm willing to try them and he knows I wanna loose weight but since he brings in the wages he gives me the limit!

Any ideas at all would be really greatly appricated!

Oh AND exercise tips? What rules do you go by? Anything at all that might help a complete dumbass when it comes to starting up!

Replies

• mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of yoga DVD's, pilates, things for the stability ball. When you get more huff and puff, try Budokon. I love that one. I am a former smoker and even did it when I was still smoking.

Worth quitting, but exercise will help with building up your respiratory strength and endurance..
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,725 Member
    Options
    Michelle Dozois' Peak Fitness Challenge and other DVD's are my fav's. LUV!
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Thanks i'll have a look of them on google, any more would be appricated also. :)
  • jaysus
    jaysus Posts: 13
    Options
    It's a bit pricey, but P90X was the best thing I've come across. You can probably find a used copy, but I didn't follow the diet plan as they say, but I did make much better choices and still drank alcohol moderately. After 2 rounds, I lost 45 lbs. I didn't have MFP as a support, just me and the encouraging words from others who notice the changes before me, so I can't imagine what the results would have been with MFP as a guide.
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Oo that sounds promising. I'll have a check of that one aswell! Open to suggestions all weekend and if anyones tried any of the others above feel free to repost! Thanks!