I finally exercised

Options
It has been 6months since the last time I formally exercise.My son took a picture of myself and daughter doing Yoga. My older son knows I am trying to get in shape. I have not told my husband... I don't know why.Perhaps, I am afraid he will confirm "Yup,you are really overweight"

I am very happy I did it and following my healthy lifestyle. Next time I will post a picture when I am thinner. I hope it will be soon!! When I saw the picture I was like NOOOO that is not me. I remember in the movie sex and the city that carrie ask samatha how could she not noticed she gain weight,and samantha said she avoided mirrors. Looking back I did the same thing, I was happy with the way I felt but seeing the picture I am sad:embarassed:

Replies

• marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    It has been 6months since the last time I formally exercise.My son took a picture of myself and daughter doing Yoga. My older son knows I am trying to get in shape. I have not told my husband... I don't know why.Perhaps, I am afraid he will confirm "Yup,you are really overweight"

I am very happy I did it and following my healthy lifestyle. Next time I will post a picture when I am thinner. I hope it will be soon!! When I saw the picture I was like NOOOO that is not me. I remember in the movie sex and the city that carrie ask samatha how could she not noticed she gain weight,and samantha said she avoided mirrors. Looking back I did the same thing, I was happy with the way I felt but seeing the picture I am sad:embarassed:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Oh, sorry to hear you're so :embarassed: sad. Good for you to finally exercise after 6 mths. Did you breathe a sigh of relief? You should have because you no longer put yourself 2nd, last. You're now putting yourself first. You're #1 !!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean about the picture/mirror thing. I stay quite active with sports and stuff. But, it's when I look in the mirror ESPECIALLY when I see myself sitting in a chair or when I see myself in pictures. It's hard to fathom,that's me staring back at me.

All I can say, is to share what I remind myself :

Don't lose weight and then, be happy. Don't delay happiness till I'm a certain size. Because conditional happiness, :brokenheart: love never comes. Be:heart: happy, love myself now :heart: and lose weight. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    You are right,the thing is I was happy until the picture. I am going to take your advice and keep doing what I am doing. Thank you
  • ggabald
    Options
    I know how you feel. At first I felt the same sadness looking at myself in the mirror. After some time, sadness turned to anger for allowing myself to gain weight. . . and then finally . . . determination. You will hit a few bumps in the road on your way to your goal, but that's okay. Just keep going. :wink: