Logging Holiday weight gain

Options
Is anyone logging any residual Christmas weight gain? I was up 6 lbs and did lose around 4 of water weight. I'm undecided on whether or not to log the 2 lbs that seem to be hanging on.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I log my weight every single day, up or down

Me too... But on a trending app (libra), not mfp
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I usually only log on mfp once a week. I log daily on Libra. But whatever it says on my way in day for mfp that's what I log.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I log any ups or downs
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I log my weight every single day, up or down

Me too... But on a trending app (libra), not mfp

Same. My rate of loss was actually up despite weight gain.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I usually only log on mfp once a week. I log daily on Libra. But whatever it says on my way in day for mfp that's what I log.

This is what I do too. I weigh in on Happy Scale every day but MFP on Fridays usually..
  • Iseulte
    Iseulte Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I log it all. I didn't in the past and ended up frustrated that I don't even know what my top weight was because I refused to record it.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you wouldn't log it, it's your real weight whether you think it includes water or not.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,990 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself regularly once a week and log that weight. (Rarely life is so hectic that I miss a week; very rarely I weigh myself between my regular weigh-ins, and I don't log those.)
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I log everyday, except Christmas Day and the day after. I am also going to skip New Years Day. Otherwise it all gets logged: the good, the bad, the yahoos and the ugly.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Polo265 wrote: »
    Is anyone logging any residual Christmas weight gain? I was up 6 lbs and did lose around 4 of water weight. I'm undecided on whether or not to log the 2 lbs that seem to be hanging on.

Yep, Friday is my weigh in day.

3lbs up this week.
  • jazzyjoy1984
    jazzyjoy1984 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Up 4 pounds :| .... definitely had worse years....
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I have a Bluetooth scale and weigh myself a couple of times a week at the same time and manner of dress soon after waking. The device saves all my weigh-ins but I only upload after I’ve lost at least a pound. The last number I see is the lowest number ( :# ), AND I get the benefit of seeing the trends over time on the app.
  • lisamarie327
    lisamarie327 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i monitor daily but I don't log minor day -to-day changes because when I lose it again it adds to my "total pounds lost" and makes me feel like a fraud because I lost the same 5 pounds 3 times
  • Beaudom91
    Beaudom91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Turns out I lost weight dispite being on a 5 day holiday away from home and not logging, no deliberate excercise and about 8000 less steps than normal basically on a diet break. Pretty pleased with that and I've had no trouble going back to logging, a deficit and working out since I got back home
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I log my scale weight every morning in Happy Scale.

I log my moving average in MFP when it changes, or when it bothers me enough.

Nobody except me can see my weight in either, so it doesn't matter if it's not on MFP, but it matters to me if the data isn't in Happy Scale for the Sciences.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Last time I gained 2 lbs it took me 6 months to lose them so yeah, I definitely log that lol.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I log daily on Libra