Looking for support

Options
I posted in another area as well as here. I hope that's okay. Brand new to community

Hello. Ita another year and still not a new me! I'm not going to say I'm serious this time because I always say that every time I "try". What I will say is I NEED THIS.

My children are my why!!!

I'm a type 1 diabetic and I need to eat less and healthier to make my insulin intake less which all in turn willl help me lose weight and get my numbers in better control all at the same time.

I have a huge goal of over 100 pounds but I'm focused on my first goal of 62 pounds. I want to be under 200. That's my first goal.

Are there any others who have a similar goal that could become my friend on here to help keep me motivated and cheer me on along the way?

I'm also taking plexus and that's helped me so much so far but eating right is the biggest key and I need to get that going now.

I'm happy to also say I have gone 6 weeks without a diet soda. HUGE DEAL HERE

I look forward to makin new friends here and hopefully I can be a support system for you as well.

Replies

• byrneatglenayr
    byrneatglenayr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie here too, no idea how it all works yet, started my food diary today, I can eat alot of chocolate and not even realise I'm eating it lol.
    I lost a stone last year put most of it back on. Could be doing with losing atleast 3 stone. Just started going to gym my biggest problem is food can't stop eating too much of the wrong stuff last a week then I need a chocolate binge.
    It would help if I checked in with others to help make healthy eating and weight loss accountable.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Khayelah_Monique
    Options
    Hey!! I'm not exactly new on here but when I first started with this app I was 260 then went down to 257 but then somehow my account got blocked and I couldn't use it anymore. Without using the app I now weigh 235. I'm telling you it was not easy and especially not really having the support system I should have. But now I'm back and ready lost the rest of these pounds and make friends in the process. My overall goal is 150 but right now my goal is to get to 200 lbs. I see we have similar goals and I am so down to help reach each other goals!!! What do you say?!
  • swingert3480
    swingert3480 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new to myfitnesspal and trying to lose 100lbs all together. My first goal is tinged under 200 lbs. I have no friends on here and am looking for support. If anyone wants to add me, please feel free.
  • byrneatglenayr
    byrneatglenayr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to add you guys on friends list how do I do it, or please add me :)
  • iamabeetle
    iamabeetle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've added you all :)
  • Chelsey_Seelye
    Chelsey_Seelye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am looking for support.
  • Nefrella
    Nefrella Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post - gives me hope that we can all achieve this huge pita together - feel free to add me, def nice to see others starting the journey with me as well!!

Happy NY all!!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to add you guys on friends list how do I do it, or please add me :)

Click on the persons name and a box will pop up. Click on their name or picture in the box. It will take you to their profile and you can click add friend.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I know someone that swears by plexus. I just can't justify the cost with not working right now. I have approximately 85 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me. I am on throughout the day.
  • mrsmash29
    mrsmash29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'd love to join you on your journey, I'm in Australia, I'm a mum who's just been diagnosed with arthritis so the kilos are packing their bags and leaving for good I hope!