Beginner Yoga Buddies

Options
I am just a few months into yoga and looking for yoga friends. I have a long way to go but I love yoga and am committed!

Replies

• SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’d be interested in being yoga friends, though I’m an absolute beginner and incredibly inflexible >.<
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a new journey of working out at home and would love to hear of any (free) beginning yoga videos! I have one DVD at home but it's quite short.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    i am going to try to add yoga.. do it on the weekends.
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I found Jen Hilman on YouTube. Her beginner yoga is great !!
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have checked out her videos but I find that many of the people on there are super flexible and make it a little intimidating. That's why I like Jen because her pace is slow and she modifies things quite a bit for the true beginner. I hope to eventually work my way up to other teachers...
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    How do I bookmark this thread? I need some motivation to carry on with what I started :-)
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I just started yoga the other week to help with back pain and sleeping problems. I found it's actually a LOT harder than I thought and feels like a good workout. I'm looking to try and do it a couple of times a week to improve toning and flexibility. It's also eased my back a little and I am sleeping much better so it seems good!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    i did my first home yoga today. gonna try tomorrow too.
  • katytreadwell
    katytreadwell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    76Crane76 wrote: »
    I have checked out her videos but I find that many of the people on there are super flexible and make it a little intimidating. That's why I like Jen because her pace is slow and she modifies things quite a bit for the true beginner. I hope to eventually work my way up to other teachers...

Fair enough :) enjoy it, Yoga Is brilliant. Happy Holidays!
  • smahan2010
    smahan2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    kmltwell wrote: »
    Yoga with Adrienne is amazing. She has a new 30 day challenge starting on the 1st Jan. Pop her name into google and you’ll be sure to find her YouTube channel.
    Namaste

I love YWA and am taking the 30 day challenge. Are you? Namaste!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Just did my first ever yoga workout today. Dang was it hard. And it was supposed to be for beginners. I have a long ways to go. Happy to add any friends!