Why am I not losing weight?

Options
I am eating very healthy. Salads, healthy sandwiches, fish, chicken, no pop, only water and working out an hour a day, 5-6 days a week. I went from 157 Tuesday to 160 today. I don't understand... What am I doing wrong???

Replies

• Marcellus_08
    Options
    Are you keeping track of your sodium?
  • iwillbeoneday
    iwillbeoneday Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. Been eating healthy for past two weeks, working out 6x week for 45 mins of cardio, yet I gained 2 lbs. I am hoping it's just water weight since I've been drinking more.
  • 123lgoldie
    Options
    hey!

i went through the same phase, trust me i know it is demotivating at first but it gets easier. try not to weigh yourself as mad as that may sound, if you are going that often and eating healthy then you are toning up and gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. so don't be fixated on the scales as i was advised by my personal trainer, he told me to measure myself hips, waist, thighs etc. after i started doing that then i noticed a difference then after i gained musle, i did start losing weight.

also make sure you are eating enough calories as daft as it may sound!

hope that helps
  • momandboys4
    Options
    Been there done that.... I have been on here 100 days and lost 10 lbs and 12 1/2 inches
    Seems like others just have weight falling off them......Stick w/ it and just stay focused..... I have 2-3 weeks at a time where weight stays the same :-(
    It'll happen just hang in there......
    I never cheat and work out 5 times week.... Still the weight doesn't come off fast.... Have crappy thyroid & metabolism issues to top it off.....
  • beemerjen
    Options
    ARE YOU EATING YOUR CALORIES??? BE DILIGENT ON EATING THE CALORIES YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO EAT AND SOMEWHERE THERE IS A POS T ABOUT EATING YOUR WORKOUT CALORIES TOO IN ORDER TO KEEP YOUR METABOLISM GOING. TRUST ME IT WORKS I'VE LOST 27 LBS BY DOING WHAT THIS SAYS!! GOOD LUCK
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough calories? 1200 is way too low for most people. Then there's this huge controversy about exercise calories, I only eat 100 or so back. Also it could be due to water weight or honestly if you haven't gone poo that adds some weight.
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    3lb difference is not that much, we naturally fluctuate, I can up to 5lb...I wouldnt weight myself but once a week the same day at the same time.

It could also depend on how much water you are drinking, types of exercise you are doing, tons of things..oh and dont forget the good 'ole TOM LOL

Deep breath! There are just so many factors......how many calories are you eating a day? Check you sodium, and sugars as well.
  • Mzncdiva
    Mzncdiva Posts: 16
    Options
    Be careful with the salads. A lot of them are more fatty than other food choices, especially if you are using dressing. Even fat free dressing has a lot of fat grams. Honestly, I haven't been exercising at all and have lost 18 lbs. based on eating alone. Make sure you increase protein more than the site requires and reduces those carbs (sandwiches)...only 2 slices of bread or 1 bagel a day.

Hope this helps.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean I have done the same but worked out more in the gym to get the weight off but its like waiting for paint to dry but then lose a pound or two but its not coming off as I had hoped it could be our body telling us to slow down or somethink else but dont give up and if you want to add me as a friend then we can see how to overcome this
  • Ginjaninge
    Ginjaninge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey!

i went through the same phase, trust me i know it is demotivating at first but it gets easier. try not to weigh yourself as mad as that may sound, if you are going that often and eating healthy then you are toning up and gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. so don't be fixated on the scales as i was advised by my personal trainer, he told me to measure myself hips, waist, thighs etc. after i started doing that then i noticed a difference then after i gained musle, i did start losing weight.

also make sure you are eating enough calories as daft as it may sound!

hope that helps

Listen to this advice, its spot on from my experience too. It can be the same no matter your size too, my bro lost 4stone over the last 8months, but when he started he was not loosing ver much at all, but he was training alot with me so it was due to his body changing, gaining muscle and toning, this was followed by regular weight loss at quite large amounts at times, then plato's where his body was changing again I guess.

Stick at it and stay positive, dont get frustrated as you need to realise this is a life choice now, not a temporary diet, which is why the last point about eating enough is very important too.
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    I am gong to assume by the name that you are female. Is it that TOM. I ALWAYS gain and know a lot of women in the same boat.
  • nickiw68
    nickiw68 Posts: 71
    Options
    Great to read this, as I am having the same issues and really getting down about it!
  • BerryAnd
    Options
    Are you weighing yourself in the morning before meals? It is also probable that you are adding muscle by working out, which is heavier than fat. If possible have your body fat percentage recorded and track that. If not use measurements and track those, as scales don't really give you a complete picture. The best measurements to track in my opinion are your waist, hips, biceps, and thighs.

Take the measurement for your waist at your bellybutton, hips at the thickest part which is probably about the middle point of your butt. Take biceps and thighs at the midpoint. I look at my measurements once a week along with tracking my weight.

It could also be whatever you are putting on the salads as dressing.
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I doubt you've gained any muscle, or lost any inches, it's only been 3 days! But, if you weren't working out before (or working out differently before) it's almost surely muscles holding onto some water to repair themselves after the unfamiliar workout. Don't stress out about, give it some more time. If you want to weigh everyday, you WILL see blips like this all the time and you need to get used to it. Weight loss isn't predictable, it isn't linear, and it isn't fast, patience and persistence is key.

~~Veronica
  • brittanylynne1209
    Options
    I do not have a time of the month, I am on Mirena and my time of the month hasn't been in 3 years (Since I got pregnant with my first child). My sodium is always right around the goal it sets me for the day. Sometimes more.