Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Trying to avoid gallbladder surgery

Hello! I'm MoodierMoody1, a middle-aged woman who doesn't want gallbladder surgery. I need to follow a low-fat diet in the meantime. I look forward to the new lifestyle... sort of.

Replies

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    the surgery isn't that bad it's a tiny scare over your belly button. your in and out of there in no time. I don't think I was laid up at all on bed rest. so don't worry about it
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Nobody is keen on surgery, but your gallbladder has to come out now. But it's a simple anf safe procedure, and after the operation, you can most likely eat more fat again.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Have it out before it gets really life threatening like mine did I waited until the pain was unbearable and by the time I got to the ER my normally low blood pressure was sky high! I had to be rushed into surgery. The surgery itself is easy. Just three little puncture wounds.
  • rholmes987
    rholmes987 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm a middle-age female, and new here. I'm also trying to avoid gallbladder surgery for as long as possible. I've never had a gallbladder problem until July 2013 when I reacted to something that I ate. All my numbers were high when I went to the ER, even blood pressure which is normally quiet low. They gave me the number to a surgeon but I wanted to see if I could manage the problem through diet since I had never had a problem before.
    I went to a gastroenterologist who check my enzymes. They were normal again, so he said to try the diet thing. It's the end of 2017, and so far, no need for surgery. I've had a couple of mild outbreaks, but only when I eat something that doesn't agree, like foods with additives and artificial junk in them. I'm sure that one day, I will need surgery. But so far, so good.