My daily calorie goal

Options
dubob
dubob Posts: 6 Member
edited December 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Currently set to 1970 calories per day. As I loose weight, will that daily goal of 1970 calories decrease at certain weight levels (such as very 10 pounds lost) or will I have to recompute the desired calorie level and manually change it in my goals? If I have to do it manually, how often should I do this? Every 5 or 10 pounds lost or what? I use both my android phone and Windows laptop computer to track and manage my diet. I prefer to do most of it on my computer.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    MFP should prompt you to recalculate every ten pounds or so if you're using their defaults. If you've set any custom goals or want to change things manually you can do it whenever you want, but every 10-15 ish pounds is a fair starting point.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Every ten pounds or so, go back to MY HOME > GOALS and just go into "View guided setup," check your weight and click "Update profile" at the bottom. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

The site used to prompt me to do that, but it was in 2008, so I don't know if it still does.

• dubob
    dubob Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did what you said CMR and it dropped my daily calorie goal from 1970 to 1950. Now, if this darn CRS disease will let me remember to do that, I should be good to go from now on. B)

Thanks for the guidance. I'll set a reminder in my calendar with a 2-week repeat to remind me to check my weight loss and change my daily goals after each 5 pound loss.