Women motivating women with PCOS

Options
Hi there!
I am 27 years old and have been working hard for the past four years trying to manage my PCOS. I work out, eat healthy and seem to have reached a point of not losing anymore weight. I want to live at least another 20-30lbs, but find lack of motivation some days. I find that when other women with PCOS speak and motivate each other it really makes a difference! We can all do this together!!

Replies

• livisuzanne
    livisuzanne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm also 27! And also trying to lose 30 lbs.
  • wardmica1996
    wardmica1996 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 with PCOS my weight came on very rapidly being a size 8 a nice lovley weight I put on 5 stone so fast in a short matter of time. I have tried my best but doesn't seem to shift so I kinda gave up hope and felt lazy alot of the days with no motivation at all. Talking really does help and I think we really need to help each other get to our goals. I have a long road and I'm telling myself it will get easier which I hope it will. I'm wanting to lose the 5 stone.
  • cjgirlie2005
    cjgirlie2005 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 with pcos and have to consistently watch what I eat otherwise i am in the predicament I M in now of wanting to lose about 25lbs and to be up. I gained 10lbs since August bc I don't always have the time for myself. U would love to be in a group that helps motivate and provides support and encouragement
  • prisgutierrez
    prisgutierrez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also have pcos my long term goal is to lose 50-70lbs I'd love to be in a group of ladies battling pcos and trying to be healthier.
  • Lipsmahoney
    Lipsmahoney Posts: 512 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I have PCOS and had the added issue of aging against me. I have lost 130 lbs at the age of 46.
    Keep moving daily, challenge yourself to beat your cardio time of calorie output each day. Up the protein and watch the carbs. A percentage of PCOS ladies are gluten intolerant as was my case. Add weights resistance training as well. You got this ladies !!!! If I can do it you can too :)
    I would be willing to create a support group in another medium if anyone was up for it. Accountability was key for me with daily check ins.,
  • laurenelha21
    laurenelha21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS about 3 years ago and I have always struggled with my weight. I would love for us all to support one another
  • shelbyzoe91
    shelbyzoe91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just found out today that I most likely have PCOS and that explains a lot. What tips do y'all have for handling it?
  • ambitiousclaire
    ambitiousclaire Posts: 72 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    This is great! I'm in! I've struggled with PCOS for 10+ years and I've had to deal with the ridiculous symptoms that comes along with it. My doctor couldn't really help because not much is known about PCOS, little research has been completed on the topic.

But, this year I managed to drop 50 lbs. It's not easy but its possible! I find it helpful to have support from other women with PCOS.
  • ChenChens
    ChenChens Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 30 with PCOS. I started seeing telltale symptoms since my teens but was only officially diagnosed in my early twenties.

My despondency lies with the length of time and amount of effort I expend to lose weight and how quickly I put it back on. It feels like an uphill battle.

Even if we don't see a drop on the scale or the clothing size, eating healthy and maintaining an active lifestyle can help put off diseases that we are of greater risk for.

Keep fighting the good fight ladies. Keep working to achieve goals and maintain hard earned results.
  • ari4413
    ari4413 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ugh, PCOS. That is all...

Lol. Just found out I have it - and with it a heap of pounds to lose. Doc's put me on metformin about a month ago because the weight absolutely must go (also have a spinal cord injury). Struggled to lose weight before but have lost 14 pounds in a month. (Am also watching what I consume and moving more.)

FR me if you'd like - I can always use more motivation :smiley:
  • phantazmagoric
    phantazmagoric Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen any results with spironolactone? I've been taking it for a few months to rebalance hormones and i wonder if anyone's seen any appetite suppression/weight loss.

Also, just started my account today! Glad to see so much pcos support here.
  • mrsmash29
    mrsmash29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'd love to join you on your journey. I've just turned 37 and been diagnosed with osteoarthritis!!! :s I've had PCOS for years, I was diagnosed in my early 20's, I struggled to have a child and I put on loads of weight. I tried metformin which made no difference to me as I am not a sweet tooth so my sugar levels are normal I don't have insulin resistance but I have high androgen levels. I started the 5:2 in Oct and saw results, then I went on holiday and Christmas happened and it all went to *kitten*. I'd love to find women who are trying the 5:2 and and PCOS for support along the way.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I had no idea there was a connection between gluten intolerance and pcos. I was diagnosed in March with a gluten sensitivity.
  • Itfiguresx
    Itfiguresx Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi im 29. With pcos and currently on spironlactone and metformin. I have I00lbs to loose for my wedding in october, so 2lbs per week. I had a gastric band 2011. Im committing to low carb high protein for now. Let's do this xx
  • PhoenixFirebird06
    Options
    PCOS has been a real struggle for me. I haven't quite found a good balance for it, and I was diagnosed about 5 years ago. You would think I could figure it out by now, but with a really sedentary job mixed with some medications that make my hunger take a back seat ... it's a lot more difficult than I anticipated even to remind myself to eat snacks and lunches. I also have gastroparesis which limits my ability to actually eat more than a "snack" sized meal. I'm not sure where to start still, and it's honestly a little overwhelming at times to figure out a beginning. Such a cluster! However, hopefully we can all be a solid support for each other!
  • Alialena
    Alialena Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 diagnosed when I was 14. Trying to lose 59 pounds to make it easier to have a baby.