• AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Plan my meals and snacks!
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Arizona_C wrote: »
    That I started to imagine my best self, in an ideal world, and started living as if it was already my life.

I composed a good breakfast with food I really liked and took a photo of it on a beautiful tray, and used it as en example for breakfasts from there on. No more reheated coffee and soggy supermarked bread. I began wearing my favorite clothes daily and threw away most the rest. I stopped accepting things being barely good enough when they could as easily be great.

For me, I got a haircut, and a good color job at the salon.
    Before, it was "I'll wait til I'm skinny to look good" but then, I thought "no, I deserve good things. Fat me deserves all the good things that skinny me deserves" and so, I started to treat myself better, similar to your story, I started living my life the way I planned to live it when I "got skinny" and, it's tough to pin down, but I just realized I am worth it - I am worth the investment.

It's a good feeling.

And though I'm not a success story (yet!) I workout most mornings at 545 am. I know that's not for everybody but it's nice to do something FOR ME before I do anything for anybody else.

This really hit me in the feels. You’re right!!!!! What an insightful moment. Fat me DOES deserve all the good things as well!!! Well said and thank you VERY much!!

• doubleap77
    doubleap77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Tons of good advice here already. I love the effort everyone puts in for themselves, but also in sharing their means to success.

My own:

Do it for yourself. No one else can make you do it, so the drive has to come from you.

Even as much as you might hate it, even if it hurts, do it anyway. The short term pain in the gym, on the trail, or at the table will evolve into a long term improvement in health and self-esteem.

Imagine the person you want to be and slowly make the effort to be that person.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Arizona_C wrote: »
    That I started to imagine my best self, in an ideal world, and started living as if it was already my life.

I composed a good breakfast with food I really liked and took a photo of it on a beautiful tray, and used it as en example for breakfasts from there on. No more reheated coffee and soggy supermarked bread. I began wearing my favorite clothes daily and threw away most the rest. I stopped accepting things being barely good enough when they could as easily be great.

For me, I got a haircut, and a good color job at the salon.
    Before, it was "I'll wait til I'm skinny to look good" but then, I thought "no, I deserve good things. Fat me deserves all the good things that skinny me deserves" and so, I started to treat myself better, similar to your story, I started living my life the way I planned to live it when I "got skinny" and, it's tough to pin down, but I just realized I am worth it - I am worth the investment.

It's a good feeling.

And though I'm not a success story (yet!) I workout most mornings at 545 am. I know that's not for everybody but it's nice to do something FOR ME before I do anything for anybody else.

Yes, you are a success story!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    So many great comments here! My tip is far less inspirational or philosophical than some (thanks for posting those):

For me, I need to work out (at home) every single day for at least 30 min. It’s just easier for me to find a small amount of time each day than scheduling 90 min or more 3-4x per week. Also, I exercise in the early morning. It’s just so convenient for me to roll out of bed and work out in my home while I watch the AM news; then, I get dressed for work. I feel pretty virtuous all day.

But my way is not for everyone. My DH likes to exercise before supper - also at home, though.

For the record, we have very busy and challenging careers with a family. I think that’s also why the “every day but for a short time” has been easiest for us. I’m also happy that our son has grown up watching us prioritize fitness.
  • bz2018
    bz2018 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    What I’ve learned is whatever your goal, 80% is diet
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!