4 Months in and SO Ready for 2018

Well, it's a couple of days before the new year, but I felt compelled to write down my thoughts at this moment. We should always seize those "peak states" as Tony Robbins would call them.

Just 4 months ago I began the journey of regaining my health. Unfortunately, over the period of 5 years, I went from a starting weight of 170 to weighing 265 at the end of August. My weight blew up like the cryptocurrency market, and my health went down the wrong rabbit hole. I also isolated myself from the closest people I know for fear of them seeing me at such a low point in life.

The day I decided to make a change (post-Mayweather McGregor), 8/27/2017, I felt terrible health wise. I took my blood pressure and it had soared to 160/110 which is pretty insanely high. I also experienced some weird chest pains throughout the night. Thankfully those ended up being something else, but the fear that I felt catapulted me to change my life and regain my health. I went to a doctor and he wanted to put me on blood pressure meds. I was set on not having to go down this route, at least not at 32... not yet. I knew that I could do it with nutrition and exercise.

So ... I started, as I know how to... full force. Excel spreadsheets, body scale, food scale, measuring tape, manual food log (which then transitioned to MyFitnessPal), chest-strap heart rate monitor, collecting a massive amount of reading material and fitness videos, and all the whole grains and veggies I could find.

Within 30 days I had NATURALLY controlled my blood pressure to a steady and normal range (averaging below 120/80). My resting heart rate has also decreased impressively (in the 60s and low 70s which is supposed to be really good). I went to a really good cardiologist down here in Miami, had an EKG and an Echocardiogram done. Thankfully, he said everything was perfect. I think I decided to make this change just in time.

Over the course of the past 4 months, I have lost 41 lbs. I consider it halfway through because I still want to lose another 40 lbs. All I have to say is that I feel so incredible now. On that day, I started eating healthy and working out. I took it very seriously by weighing every meal, tracking every calorie, and even analyzing my heart rate during each workout. It used to be a challenge for me just to take a shower (I would seriously get out of breath and want to lie down). I went from not being able to to do 5 body squats to doing 60 non-stop and 300 during a workout. From not being able to run at all to running almost 20 min non-stop. From being scared of losing my life, to once again being extremely positive and happy to live this beautiful life. This stats are far from my tip-top best 4 years ago, but a huge improvement to where I was 4 months ago.

During this time my mom was also bedridden for 18 months. We just sat her in a wheelchair for the first time last week. She has been one of the biggest inspirations for me and is the strongest person that I know.

Let us never neglect our health nor take it for granted -- We have to appreciate what we have and make the best of the cards we are dealt ...be the best that we can be at any point in the game --Not compare ourselves to others, but only to our greatest accomplishments and seek to demolish those consistently.

I wish you all the best and many blessings for this great and new year that's coming. Anything is possible if USE AND TRUST THE PROCESS (Consistency + Time + Monitoring).

J Feels

Replies

• Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    What an inspiring post. Well done on your perseverance leading not only to weight loss but a healthier you.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Congrats on your achievements! And yes we should never take our health for granted.
  • laura100309
    laura100309 Posts: 3 Member
    Very proud of you!!!
    Really great, uplifting and heartfelt story.
    Keep it up!!!!!♥️
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Congrats! Wishing you a happy new year!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,572 Member
    A new lease on life. Well done. Keep going.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Re5pext !

Keep up the great work.

..... don't get cocky.
  • martini087
    martini087 Posts: 2 Member
    That’s awesome. Congratulations on the weight loss and getting a better grip to a healthier lifestyle. My gf recently had a stroke and it was like a wake up call for me to get my rear in gear again. Good luck to the rest of your journey and a healthier version of yourself :)