Eating enough calories

Options
I’m having trouble eating my allotment of calories. Is that a bad thing? Good thing?

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose weight, gain weight, or maintain weight?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much of a deficit you're in and what your goals are and how much you're currently eating.
  • itsaboutthattimeagain
    Options
    IMHO, if your calories are low, like say 12-1300, then I would say eat up to the calories, if trying to lose weight ..but like the person above asked, what are your goals?

I usually do not eat up to my daily calories, but my daily calories are also around 1800. It isn't intentional, just is.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You may want to provide a little context if you hope to get meaningful answers/advice.

Age? Gender? Height? Current weight?

What is your current goal (gain/lose/maintain weight)?

What is your current calorie goal set at?

How far under that goal are you consistently hitting?

How much and what type of exercise do you do daily/weekly?

Are you dealing with any food allergies/intolerances or medical conditions?

Do you accurately weigh/measure your calorie intake using a food scale for solids and measuring spoons/cups for liquids? And do you log everything you eat/drink every day?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    How are you determining how much you're eating - do you use a food scale for solids and measuring cups/spoons for liquids? If not, you may be underestimating how much you're actually eating.

Perhaps you've restricted foods unnecessarily - are you avoiding fats, or carbs?