Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations?

Options
What kind of HRM's are you guys using? I would like one that isn't too pricey but gets the job done... and counts calories too if possible??

Please Help :)

Replies

• beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello, I purchased the Polar FT7 and love it. simple to use and seems to be accurate.
  • deesjourney2fit
    Options
    Hello, I purchased the Polar FT7 and love it. simple to use and seems to be accurate.

Me too and I love it! I think I paid about $70 for it. But get one with a chest strap and watch. They are more accurate then just the watch ones.
  • simoneq
    simoneq Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Polar. But I track calories with my mobile phone (gps) with Cardio Trainer (free)
  • RayRay042408
    Options
    if i ever want something that I know can be on the expensice side... i always go to amazon.com... ud be surprised..
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options

Same here. Love it!
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    Just got the Polar FT4 on amazon, free shipping! =)
  • starberi30
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! Polar it is! And YES, Amazon (and Target) are my fav places to shop!!
  • blisterpeanuts
    blisterpeanuts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Timex T5G971 with wrist watch and chest strap. It's well rated and gets good reviews on Amazon and elsewhere.

I paid $36 on Amazon, though it seems to have gone up to $45. However, prices fluctuate and if you put it in your shopping cart and watch it for a couple of weeks you may well see it drop again.

I've used it for about two weeks, mostly for running and a bit for elliptical. I have no idea how accurate it is, but it's super easy to use. There's a blog here at MFP that talks about these devices and the limits to their accuracy.

It takes about a minute or two to lock onto my heart beat, and generally it works, but once or twice a week I have noticed that it seems to lose contact and drops from 150 bpm to 70, then a minute or two later it jumps back up. I am pretty sure that my heart isn't slowing down like that--I hope not, anyway!

I mainly use it to monitor my heart rate and keep time during my run, and I take the calorie count with a grain of salt. It thinks I burn 660 calories in a 40 minute run, and I used to think I burned 400 cals, so I take 500 cals as a compromise.
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options
    Bought the Pyle 30 like it a lot. Chest strap and watch, only 25 ish. seems accurate. Set up took a while but I think they all do.