Little ‘S’ - Intermittent Fasting Journey

Options
Stats: 202lbs, 5’-4”, 45 yrs old
My first time trying this. Putting myself out there! If I am out there and people follow the blog, maybe it will add to my motivation to keep me accountable.
I will eat from noon to 8pm. The rest of the hours will be fasting. This shall be my daily schedule.
I will also be doing 14 minute on the Max Trainer (High Intensity Interval Training) and 3 arm exercises with weights. (Bent over lateral raise, chest press, shoulder press) With 5lb weights, 8 each x 3 sets
I will do my best to check in regularly so you can see if I make progress.
Feeling motivated!! I want my body back.

Replies

• tomjennings2716
    tomjennings2716 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have just started the 16/8 as well. I’ll read your blog and hopefully, will improve my own journey.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I've found that if I kept my lunch small and LC, I would not get hungry and eat too much and had much more success while doing the 16:8 (for maintenance). I had to go to 20:4 to lose weight due to eating ad libitum in my eating window but that was my choice. I've got a friend that doesn't eat ad libitum in the evenings and has a small lunch, an afternoon small snack, a small dinner, and then a small before bedtime snack and he dropped 70-lbs doing this. I don't have as much control and tend to just keep eating when I start so I start later to make sure I get the calorie deficit. You can do it any way that will keep the calories in check. The trick is what will be sustainable for you long term.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Why only 3 arm exercises?
  • sglazerm
    sglazerm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feeling motivated! Down 1.5 lbs so far in 4 days!! I also made sure to measure my inches. I’ll report on the measures monthly. So, I did track calories out of curiosity for my 16/8 IF method. I was around 1400 calories yesterday. This is pretty exciting because I didn’t have to plan ahead for that, it just happened. I’m very aware of what I should and should not eat. I’ll stick to the healthy side of things as much as I can. Did my exercise and weights as well. Stay tuned for more results.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    sglazerm wrote: »
    Stats: 202lbs, 5’-4”, 45 yrs old
    My first time trying this. Putting myself out there! If I am out there and people follow the blog, maybe it will add to my motivation to keep me accountable.
    I will eat from noon to 8pm. The rest of the hours will be fasting. This shall be my daily schedule.
    I will also be doing 14 minute on the Max Trainer (High Intensity Interval Training) and 3 arm exercises with weights. (Bent over lateral raise, chest press, shoulder press) With 5lb weights, 8 each x 3 sets
    I will do my best to check in regularly so you can see if I make progress.
    Feeling motivated!! I want my body back.

How do I find your blog?
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    sglazerm wrote: »
    Feeling motivated! Down 1.5 lbs so far in 4 days!! I also made sure to measure my inches. I’ll report on the measures monthly. So, I did track calories out of curiosity for my 16/8 IF method. I was around 1400 calories yesterday. This is pretty exciting because I didn’t have to plan ahead for that, it just happened. I’m very aware of what I should and should not eat. I’ll stick to the healthy side of things as much as I can. Did my exercise and weights as well. Stay tuned for more results.

Your thinking of what you can and cannot eat worries me! You have a "diet" mentality.
    Cico is a lifestyle with no can or cannot.
    Just count it towatds your deficit.
    Don't start 2018 on the wrong thought process or you will be on a "dieting" merry go round for the rest of your life!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    .......remember what we do is the practices of a forever habit not "okay I made it I'm done"!
    Like an alcoholic is always an alcoholic. They need to be in consistent recovery mode and not let it get ahead of them but them keep ahead of the alcoholism. The same goes for us that use food as our drug of choice!
  • itsaboutthattimeagain
    itsaboutthattimeagain Posts: 36 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    My bad...read your post incorrectly. :)