Ways to make Greek yogurt more appetizing?

Options
124»

Replies

• nknis8556
    nknis8556 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Dried cranberries, walnuts, and, if needed, a bit of agave sweetener.
  • biengardo1
    biengardo1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I add some frozen berries (strawberries or blueberries), just a drizzle of pure honey and a tsp sliced almonds for crunch. Alway use Fage full fat as it tastes the best. I just limit myself to half a container and eat rest next day.
  • alisjo865
    alisjo865 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    1 single serving size (6oz) Siggis plain 0% Icelandic yogurt (~100kcals and 4g of sugar) +
    2tbsp chocolate PB2 (~45kcal and 3g sugar)+
    1 tbsp ceylon cinnamon+
    dash of vanilla extract
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    but would like some more suggestions to add variety and keep things interesting.

Replacing it with ice cream works for me.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,071 Member
    Options
    Which reminds me: I like it mixed with chocolate PB2 and frozen sweet cherries (still frozen, not thawed).
  • sak20011
    sak20011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I find the nonfat to be far too tangy, makes me almost gag. But I love the full fat, with almonds and fruit or honey mixed in. I also like Skyr, which is high protein as well. IF the tanginess bothers you, try full fat and experiment with different brands. My husband loves Fage, and abhors Chobani with the passion of a thousand burning suns.
  • tdearmitt
    tdearmitt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A spoonful of any healthy cereal helps. This also makes the texture more palatable.
  • OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Dannon Light And fit Vanilla Greek yogurt with 2x the protein. I never eat it on its own. I do 6 oz yogurt and I add a serving of Polanders fruit jelly/jam (blackberry, strawberry, or peach), 10 g sliced almonds, 5-10g of bark thins dark chocolate, and 5-10g whipped cream. This is one of my favorite snacks/evening dessert that I look forward too.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I used to HATE plain Greek yogurt, but I started eating Fage, added frozen fruit and really love it now. It took me a few weeks to get used to it, but it has lots of protein, not a lot of fat/sugar. Just be careful and look at the ingredients/nutrition. A lot of them have lots of sugar and not much protein
  • dangbergtd
    dangbergtd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I add stevia to my plain kefir, yummy!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    liquid stevia drops are awesome!
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Use it like sour cream