Work out buddy needed

Options
My is Michelle I live in Nashville TN. I'm a member of the YMCA, but im still new to the exercise thing. I need someone who can motivate and keep me on track and I will do the same for them. I'm 30 year old female. Just starting off slow.

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the only one who can motivate you and keep you on track is you. And motivation fades but goals and habits last. Decide to do or to do not.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    My Y has a "FITPATH" program where a coach helps you set goals and a program and check inS. It's part of our membership. Ask if your Y has a similar program.
  • Patricehm16
    Patricehm16 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello Michelle! A fitness buddy was very instrumental in keeping me moving along in my fitness journey. I relied on her and she relied on me to make it to the gym and actually workout together. I knew if I didn't motivate her she would fail and if she did not motivate me I would fail. Sounds crazy but it worked. The first year we would fluctuate btw 3-5 days a week meeting before or after work. It has now been about 4 years and we still workout together when time permits but we both check in with each other making sure we each got our weekly workouts in. Go to your gym and ask them if they have a buddy system. If not maybe you can meet one at your gym. I met my long lasting buddy while working out in the cardio room at my gym. Look around your gym for someone that's at the same fitness level as you. Work up a conversation, I bet they would love a workout buddy too! Best of luck.
  • bgb2015
    bgb2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love in CA but down to be workout buddies over internet if that helps!
  • jah2282
    jah2282 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m in CA too. I haven’t met anyone locally. Maybe a virtual workout buddy?
  • buttercuppers
    buttercuppers Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE a workout buddy but im in UK I only do clubbersize by myself as its in the dark lol would love to do other classes but to scared to go alone. Do you have clubbersize in the states?