Couch to 5k

Options
Im going to start couch to 5k in the new year, my new years resolution is to run a 5k, Ive had 5 operations on my feet in the past few years and I still have 1 to go. I really don't want to let my feet keep holding me back. I'd love to start a group here for accountability and also support, nothing beats going through it together!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Hank I am just over halfway through the program. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Im going to start couch to 5k in the new year, my new years resolution is to run a 5k, Ive had 5 operations on my feet in the past few years and I still have 1 to go. I really don't want to let my feet keep holding me back. I'd love to start a group here for accountability and also support, nothing beats going through it together!

I'm sorry for your surgeries.. I'm sure it's tough. Consider that it might not be your feet holding you back, it's probably your mind. People with no feet at all can be and are fit and healthy. Just look at the amazing paralympic athletes. Running is one of the hardest possible activities on your feet. Why risk it when there are many other exercise options available?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Sent you a hug. Boy that is tough.

Has your Doctor given the all clear to run?
  • hankismyspiritanimal
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

I'm sorry for your surgeries.. I'm sure it's tough. Consider that it might not be your feet holding you back, it's probably your mind. People with no feet at all can be and are fit and healthy. Just look at the amazing paralympic athletes. Running is one of the hardest possible activities on your feet. Why risk it when there are many other exercise options available?

That's very true, they are inspirational. I have done swimming and cycling, I guess you always want what you can't have, I'm going to start off slowly but Id really love to be able to run