LAST DAY BEFORE THE NEW YEAR!!!!

Options
Rijeh
Rijeh Posts: 3 Member
I can hardly believe how fast 2017 flew by. Some where along the way a few of us may have lost our footing and derailed from our health and fitness train. I most definatley have. Dont fret. Just like mondays the new year has rolled around once again and its the perfect time to set some new goals and refresh ourselves. Now dont get me wrong, I know that January 1st is no more special December 30th in terms of when to hop back on the train. However you have to admit that there is something about the excitement of starting a new year that gives us a spiritual boost and some momentum into a better direction. Something about starting fresh. Eating right and getting into better mental and physical shape is never a perfect journey and we need these refreshers! So I say all that to ask you this. What are your New years resolutions? This isnt a question limited to health and fitness. Maybe you have some ideas stowed away in your mind. Well feel free to share. Possibly give others something to think about changing this year. It helps to put it out in the universe and activate those thoughts. Best of wishes to everyone with their goals ... Happy New Year

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    To contact my parents more.

I'm *kitten* at staying in touch and they're not getting any younger.
  • cokeefe32
    cokeefe32 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Now is as good a time as any as I saw pictures of myself at Christmas! Hahahah
  • cportwine
    cportwine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree cokeefe32! I seen my picture to and thought I got to get busy again... :)
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I made my New Years Resolution on Sept. 24 2017, that was to finally get healthy and lose weight, on 1/1/18, and on, I just plan to continue on. Last time I lost 20 #, I fell off the wagon and never climbed back on, I do not plan on doing that after this 20# lose.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I hear all of you.
    Lost 24 lbs and totally lost myself. This is the year for me. I am suffering from back pain, due to the excess weight. I am so ashamed of myself because there is no need for me to be this overweight.
    My goal for 2018 is to take one week at time and focus on that week. Ideally I would like to lose 30 lbs by Spring and I intend to work on that. I hate the way I look and feeling right now, nothing fits.
  • cokeefe32
    cokeefe32 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes I feel uncomfortable all the time, I forget what it feels like to feel good every day, time to get off the blood pressure meds
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Waste less time. It's okay to plan to watch a movie on Netflix to wind down before bed. It's not okay to veg in front of the TV for four hours instead going to the gym or for a hike.

I've made a plan for this week for where I want to use my time. If it works I will use it again week 2. If not, I will tweek it and try again.
  • Velvettpeach
    Velvettpeach Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of not wasting time. Once the little people are in bed I often take my place on my throne (sofa). As well as planning meals I think i'll plan in some prayer and activity time too. Not just doing a workout but things that will move me forward as a whole person not just my waistline.

Thanks for the inspiration all of you. <3