1200 cal and marathon training

Options
2»

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    ChibiTrine wrote: »
    Thank you all so much for your comments. It all makes sense. And nice to know that I'm not supposed to be quite as hungry as I am now, 'cause I am REALLY hungry, and now I'm gonna go cook something and eat away my run.

Yes! Eat!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I run ultra marathons and lift. Couldn’t fathom maintaining that severe of a deficit and training at the same time. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to eat back your exercise cals. You will likely feel night and day difference. High protein foods will make you feel fuller, longer. Stay hydrated.
    Best of luck with your training and goals.
  • ChibiTrine
    ChibiTrine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    I run ultra marathons and lift. Couldn’t fathom maintaining that severe of a deficit and training at the same time. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you to eat back your exercise cals. You will likely feel night and day difference. High protein foods will make you feel fuller, longer. Stay hydrated.
    Best of luck with your training and goals.

Thank you.
    Yes, I ate my exercise cal back yesterday, even went a little over. Then I was going for a 2 km run, but ended up running 16 km because I was feeling much better than I had in the last days. (And I am eating that back as well)
    So that is definitely my new strategy.

Thank all of you for the advice. I learned a few things!
    This seems like such a great community, and I am grateful you all took the time to answer the noob.