How to handle breweries?

Options
2»

Replies

• lili200
    lili200 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It’s not only the beer but the less control one has after drinking..
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I have a few sociable drinks on a weekend, I fit it into my calorie allowance by doing IF 16:8 on Saturday and Sunday, having brunch instead of seperate Breakfast and Lunch gives me more calorie wiggle room for drinks or a meal out. I also try to get a workout or a hike in which also bumps up my allowance.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    lili200 wrote: »
    It’s not only the beer but the less control one has after drinking..

Not to mention the cost! Yikes! $$$

I love beer, too, and wine...and margaritas. Oh, I used to split pitchers of those things with friends. Once I started learning about calories and started losing weight, though, I couldn't do it anymore. Now I get a small margarita when I go to a Mexican restaurant, which isn't very often. It gives me the taste of it without having ti have excessive amounts, which was how I've learned to handle any other type of food/drink I love. I love 'em, but I'd rather have food for that amount of calories!
    Try getting one..sipping it slowly, and making it last awhile. No one will probably notice.
  • jludwick78
    jludwick78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Eat less during the week and save up those calories. And workout more. Keep the total calories-in lower regardless of how much you drink. I didn’t follow this rule this summer and gained 7 pounds since July! Stupid beer!