What the fitbit

Options
So I used fitbit two days in a row to log the same workout. Day one I did 24 minutes with an average hrartrate of 136 and fitbit says I burned 393 calories. The next day I did 55 minutes, reached peak heartrate, had an average of 160bpm and yet fitbit says I only burned 367calories? How can I burn less calories doing the same workout at higher intensity for twice as long?

Also my machine logged it at 1146 calories total burned

Replies

• Beaudom91
    Beaudom91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just adding, I know both fitbit and the machines are not totally accurate and my real burn is somewhere in between the two numbers, but I've had my fitbit 3 weeks and up until the last week it has more or less been bang on with my machine, only slightly more conservative
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I don't think heart rate really has anything to do with it

Some people's hearts can pound out of their chest just from walking. If you went more intense maybe your reps per min was less due to.increased resistance.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    What exercise were your workouts?
    What machine?
  • Beaudom91
    Options
    Yeah I know bpm doesn't have much to do with it bit fitbit seems to think it does which is why I was surprised. I was on average 10km faster than yesterday
  • Beaudom91
    edited December 2017
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    What exercise were your workouts?
    What machine?

Stationary bike, which i know fitbit doesn't have a mode for but the fitbit people claim the general work out mode is suppose to be reasonably accurate
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Does your bike tell you your power output? That's by far the best way to estimate calories on a bike.