People interrupt too often

Options
Workout4Health
Workout4Health Posts: 447 Member
I hate it. You're having a conversation with someone and someone steps in and interrupts. The madness needs to end. People have no ethics anymore. No curtesy. Don't you agree? It's a pet peeve of mine.

Replies

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    So you know my wife!?!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Is it your tallish second cousin?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    Knock knock.
    Who's there?
    Interrupting cow.
    Interrup...
    Moooooooooooooo.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I hate it. You're having a conversation with someone and someone steps in and interrupts. The madness needs to end. People have no ethics anymore. No curtesy. Don't you agree? It's a pet peeve of mine.

What about Kanye West? He’s a celebrity and he interrupted it
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

It's because you are too short and appear weak. Nobody ever interrupts someone over 6 ft tall......
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    8d3jlmo85pne.jpg
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Knock knock.
    Who's there?
    Interrupting cow.
    Interrup...
    Moooooooooooooo.

Dang it your stole my joke...how about interrupting pirate?
  • cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    ek1icxfnqxd3.jpeg
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am a chronic interrupter. Sorry not sorry.
  • slbf42
    slbf42 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest the fact that the OP describes this as an ethical issue may be symptomatic of the greater societal problem. Not picking on you OP, but the word you're looking for is manners - an apparently old fashioned collection of behavioural norms that parents are supposed to teach their children instead of putting them on a pedestal and telling them they're special and that they don't have to play by the rules.

Also curtesy is a common law doctrine of inheritance - the other word you wanted was courtesy, something else that has sadly fallen out of common use.
  • mybfisred
    Options
    so have you read my threads? just wondering.

Yes you bring love and happiness...which is why we should stop interrupting you
  • mybfisred
    Options
    mybfisred wrote: »
    so have you read my threads? just wondering.

Yes you bring love and happiness...which is why we should stop interrupting you

I have yet to be appointed godmother to any mfp ebabies dang it.

There's always 2018 #goals
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about having a conversation and someone just busts in, interrupting and changing the topic?

Or are you just talking about normal conversations where people might interrupt someone?

Because yes the first is rude but the 2nd seems normal to me, it is just how conversations work.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    do you think we need to bring back the talking stick, or magic gourd of talking, so you can only talk when holding the magic gourd of talking?