loose skin after losing around 50-60 pounds?

Options
Briandreea
Briandreea Posts: 1 Member
edited December 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been looking a lot into this, my goal is to lose around 50 pounds to weight what I need to weigh for my body. Is loose skin expected after my weight lost? So far I've lost 14 pounds with healthy eating and exercise. Has anyone gone through a similar situation or know a bit more about this?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds and have loose skin on stomach, thighs and upper arms. I lost almost the same amount 8 years earlier and can't remember I had any loose skin then.
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have loose skin after losing 40 pounds. I still have more to lose, but it seems to be somewhat tightening as I lose. I know I’ll have some loose skin when it’s all said and done, but I’d rather that than be fat and unhealthy.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I have been at my target weight (165) for 18 months and I am still seeing some skin shrinkage, and that's at age 43.
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 60 lbs. I have a little loose skin on my arms and stomach. That's pretty much it though. I lost it super slow and I worked out like crazy. I don't know if that helped or not. I don't like it, but I'm glad it's not worse. Also I want to encourage you that the benefits of healthy weight loss far outweigh the loose skin. Good luck!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I lost 86lb after having my son. I’m not sure if the pregnancy or weight loss caused the loose skin on my lower stomach but he will be 13 in June and it’s still there so mine never went away. It has gotten better than it was.

I’d still rather have a little bit of damaged skin though than be carrying that extra weight
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ive lost about 100. no loose skin.

genetics and (somewhat) your age is what determines it
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I have some loose skin, but since I don’t walk around in a bikini it doesn’t really bother me. I have more energy and can enjoy more activities now since I’m no longer fat. I’m grateful that my body is capable of so much more!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    63lbs down, bit more to go, no loose skin so far.
  • PJFinSJ
    PJFinSJ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've lost 75 pounds gradually over the past 7 years. I am 62, and I do have some loose skin, but skin seems to tighten up over time. One year ago, I started working out with a trainer, doing strength training to lose body fat; this year, I lost 21 lbs and 5 more inches from my waist. Although I had lost over 50 pounds, it wasn't until this year that people finally noticed and commented on how good I looked. Strength training works!