How many times did you try before you succeeded hitting your goal weight?

Options
In the summer I lost 20 pounds over a period of a few months. Since then I went off track and am so disappointed. Already I feel worse health wise and about myself. I stopped working out and although I haven't gone crazy eating tons of food or what not. I haven't been eating the best either.

Replies

• frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I’ve hit my goal weight many times. The trick has been staying there. I’ll never stop trying.
  • mpirie86
    mpirie86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I still have never actually met my goal weight, maybe I am trying to go too low?
  • anyWendy
    anyWendy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet, but ask me next year and the answer will be the same: it's not about hitting the goal weight. It's about creating habits that you can maintain for a lifetime.

I've spent a long time not losing weight, because I wasn't ready to change. Now that I'm ready, it's so much simpler than I ever imagined. There will always be peaks and valleys, but that doesn't mean that I give up or start over from the beginning. Each one teaches me something. This time I'm really ready to learn.
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've been trying on MFP on and off since '11. Long as you don't quit trying, I think that's what matters most.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    ... Once. >___>; With a half-month break at one point just due to massive schoolwork overload combined with massive work overtime overload just made me ko and my brain stopped working.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I was really slim before having my middle child in 2003. Then I was gigantic. It took me 13 years to stick with a reasonable deficit plus workout program to lose 60 lbs. I don't even know how many "times" or restarts that was. Weekly. Sometimes, daily.
  • Bellamo69
    Bellamo69 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I got close one time... its been a struggle!! one day at a time.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I was really slim before having my middle child in 2003. Then I was gigantic. It took me 13 years to stick with a reasonable deficit plus workout program to lose 60 lbs. I don't even know how many "times" or restarts that was. Weekly. Sometimes, daily.

This came out weird. What I meant to say is that I tried for 13 years to stick to a weight reducing eating plan, THEN after I did buckle down and stick with it, I lost 60 lbs.