Getting started and motivated

Options
:smile: Hi I'm alice, I just found the app on my Iphone today and I decided to try and see if it helps to hold me more accountable for what I am eating and doing. I have been walking and working out at Curves since early June and I just don't seem to be going any where with the weight loss thing, so I have decided I need to start cutting back on some calories too! I hate that part, I really enjoy to cook and like to try new things, salty and sweets, so hopefully I can do this without feeling like I am missing everything.
I am really looking forward to starting...
10074730.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• DebsFernandez
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! I think you will find this place very helpful, supportive and motivating. I know what you mean about the food part, my boyfriend is a chef and he too loves to try and make new things. Which is hard on me, lol.

Good luck!! :)
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Alice!

The beautiful thing about learning to eat healthier is that there are so many new recipes and foods to try! If you love to cook then I am sure you will have fun coming up with new, tasty meals and treats to enjoy.

Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • tsimmons1974
    tsimmons1974 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Tina. I'm 37 and I have a wonderful and supportive husband and 2 amazing kids. I want to feel better about myself and I really dislike the way I look in the mirror with or with out clothes. I have tried things in the past but never had anyone to work with. I am hoping since I am online a lot that thsi site will give me the enocouragment I need. Thank you
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1700 calories right now, but after the moving, I can get down to 1200 calories. So far, the weight loss has been pretty steady, so I think you'll do great! I still enjoy a lot of the same foods I always have, but now I'm more aware of how much of it I can eat, or budget those calories for when I'm the most hungry. Crazy enough, I haven't been as ravenous this time around. Go figure!
  • Robscofle
    Options
    Welcome to MFP

You'll find a fantastic, supportive community on-line at MFP. Friend request me if your looking for advice/support.

Regards
    Rob
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I also love to cook--and have been enjoying finding new recipes that fit into a healthy, lo-cal lifestyle. There are lots of cookbooks and lots of on-line recipes as well.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place. My favorite foods are breads, pasta's anything sweet (my fav is ice cream) mac and cheese and all your normal OMG the calories are through the roof foods. What MHP has taught me is switching up some foods without feeling like I cant have one of these foods. I changed my pasta to smart taste pasta, I love the skinny cow ice creams. Multigrain crackers are not so bad. And sara lee makes a really good honey wheat bread that is only 45 calories per slice. I have pretty much cut out chips and replaced them with fruits and yogurt.

Its a numbers game. If I am making something high in calories for dinner, I eat a salad for lunch and a light breakfast with fruits inbetween. After I noticed I started losing weight, some of the other foods were easy to let go. I havent made any cakes brownies or cookies in a while. (which we usually had 1 of them every night) and its not that I cant its that I wont..

Good Luck to you..... :smile:
  • OtakuEngineer
    Options
    The last time I tried losing weight I had a really difficult time, it just wasn't coming off at all. I worked out 4 times a week but just stayed right where I was, sometimes even gained. Well I lost my motivation pretty quickly, and now that I have a new bout of it I figured I'd give something else a try and found this app in the android market.

It's been 2 weeks now and I've lost 8 pounds... the only thing different from last time, well I did amp up the exercise by a day, but it was making myself aware of how much I had really been eating and knowing how much I need to take in to lose weight. It made 100% of the difference. I still every now and then have something I used to, but I usually try for a healthier version of it and account for the calories in my diet and exercise for that day.
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    :wink: Take your time and enjoy the journey( better said then done)
  • rachel822
    Options
    Go:wink: od luck to you Alie. MFP is easy to use which makes logging a "no-brainer". Scanning stuff is awesome!:wink:
  • Taylor1089
    Options
    Hello All!
    I have struggled with my weight since I can remember. This is now the heaviest I have ever been. I am getting married in a little over 8 months and I would love to debuit my new body on my wedding day! I have tried and tried to get into gear but I can never do it. Hopefully, MFP will make me realize what I have to do and give me a support system to back me up.
  • carolpar5
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Carol and I just joined. I have been exercising as well as I usually do eat very smart but my weight has mantained pretty much the same the last year. All I ever hear from everyone well Honey your not 20 anymore and your metabalisim is not what it use to be. So i thought what the heck let me try this and start counting my calories....... I am on my way to 30lbs less
  • sunshinethompson
    sunshinethompson Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Alice, August 11th is my one month MFP Anniversary but just started interacting on the forums. Welcome and I know you will enjoy the feed back from other MFP Members. It's a wonderful site! :smile:
  • priscilabezerra50
    Options
    alice welcome! you'll like it here MFP, because here you can meet people with the same goal as you and to exchange tips, give and receive motivation and finally win the challenge of completing the diet!

Good luck!