Waist trainer?

Options
bsanch21
bsanch21 Posts: 19 Member
edited December 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
So I need something to help me stay toned. Or even help with the waist figure haha. I recently had Bypass surgery so I’m dropping weight fast. 50 pounds so far(; I don’t want to be left with lose skin. Anyone recommend a waist trainer or maybe a cream?

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    No, no one here would recommend a waist trainer. Exercise will make you sweat at the gym. Sweating more will not help loose skin though. If anything, it will hinder you because it will restrict the use of your abs, back muscles and side muscles and they can actually get weaker.

Loose skin depends on genetics and you really can't control it.
  • bsanch21
    bsanch21 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    No, no one here would recommend a waist trainer. Exercise will make you sweat at the gym. Sweating more will not help loose skin though. If anything, it will hinder you because it will restrict the use of your abs, back muscles and side muscles and they can actually get weaker.

Loose skin depends on genetics and you really can't control it.
    Thanks!!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    That much weight it’ll be inevitable. You’ll either need to give it time and see how much it retracts and tightens up or opt for the easy way and go for surgery again.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Forgive me if this is somehow a rude question, but how would surgery to remove loose skin *not* be the "easy way"?
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I lost 65lbs and had no loose skin...I was also a teenager when I lost the weight, so I think age was a huge factor with the elasticity of my skin.

A waist trainer isn't going to do anything. You'll have to have skin removal surgery if the loose skin is significant. Skin removal surgery isn't "the easy way" as much as "the only way" to treat large amounts of loose skin.

The best thing you can do in the meantime (if okayed by your dr) is to start a lifting program to build muscle, which with make the whole situation better.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Forgive me if this is somehow a rude question, but how would surgery to remove loose skin *not* be the "easy way"?

Have you ever had surgery?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

Surgery can be risky