how much did you lose before you could see a difference?

Options
I've only lost a couple of pounds so i'm not expecting anything yet. I was just curious as to how much weight you lost or how long you went before you could notice a definite physical difference. since (relatively speaking) i don't have that much weight to lose, should i notice a difference quicker or slower?

thanks for your help!!!:heart::heart: :heart:

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I've only lost a couple of pounds so i'm not expecting anything yet. I was just curious as to how much weight you lost or how long you went before you could notice a definite physical difference. since (relatively speaking) i don't have that much weight to lose, should i notice a difference quicker or slower?

thanks for your help!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • anabellebf
    Options
    I've read around here that the less you have to lose, the more difficult it is to lose it - it all depends on how your body is constructed too I suppose, and where your fat is stored.

Good luck with your journey!
  • lflood
    Options
    hi - i only had about 15 pounds to lose. i've lost 6 - and for the first time last week, someone noticed. i have gone down a pant size and have sifted things around due to exercise (3 days weight lifting, 3 days cardio). i think because i am short (5' 4") it also makes it more difficult to notice but that could be just me...good luck!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    For me... it was when I hit about 25 pounds lost- then the compliments started.

When I hit 40 pounds, everyone started asking me if I was sick or if something was wrong.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I think for me, I lost a good 15 before anyone noticed. And then when I hit around 35, everyone started saying that I didn't need to lose any more! Still shocks the heck out of me to hear people say that I'm thin! I sure NEVER thought I'd EVER hear THOSE words! :laugh:
  • Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how much beofre I noticed I just remmeber I noticed it in the way my clothes fit and i tried on clothes I hadnt worn in a while and I was plesently surprised! Good luck

Shan
  • mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    It takes me a out 15-20 lbs before I really notice a change in my own body (starting from around 200lb). Seems like a long time to wait, but you just have to keep those long term goals in mind.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 6 pounds but I can definitely see and feel the difference in my clothes. I'm almost back into my size 8 pants...just waiting for the muffin top to shrink. :happy:
  • ruth369
    Options
    I would say about 10 pounds,but I told anybody and everybody about me trying to lose weight. I think it was around 30 pounds when the comments really started flying.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    around 30 lbs before I got real comments, but my guy and I say a difference after 5-10. Most people won't comment unless they're SURE.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    It different for everyone - If you're 5'3" and 150 lbs, you should notice after 5-10 lbs.

My friends and coworkers said they noticed a difference in my face after about 15 lbs. I needed new pants around 20 lbs, and people i hadn't seen in a long time definitely noticed after 50 lbs. Even guy friends who NEVER talk about weight or stuff like that.

It's so crazy for me to hear people say "you don't need to lose weight"!!! I still have a lot of te same self-consiousness I had before.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

It's so crazy for me to hear people say "you don't need to lose weight"!!! I still have a lot of te same self-consiousness I had before.
    I agree, isn't that nuts? I told my mom the other day that I had met my goal but I was going to try for 10 more, she looked so worried, she's like are you sure? 10 lbs is a lot, you already look so thin! I was like wth mom? trust me, I'm not going to waste away from 10 more lbs. lol, it's shocking to hear someone call me thin and know that they mean it.
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 6 pounds and I really don't see any difference but I am able to comfortably wear pants I haven't been able to get into for five months. And a coworker has said she sees my stomach has gone down a bit too.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Im still awaiting my compliments lol Im at 29lbs...problem is the people I am surrounded by are either dieting as well or dont care enough to be observant.....dont worry if the compliments dont start pouring in....in time they wont be able to deny that you look great....even if they refuse to say it.:drinker:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I have lost 23 pounds so far and everyone is noticiing...................

I lose all over, but my face and neck are very noticeable.............

You can look at the pics on my profile page and see a major difference.