Nude gym

Options

Replies

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I just don't see why the world needs nude gym/personal training session. It didn't really say much about the point of it except for providing "cheeky fun". Pretty sure someone doing squats in front of me butt naked is not my idea of fun. Perhaps I am a prude. Good thing my gym is "clothing required."

Yeah, I’m not sure there’s a physical benefit. But “they” say that a person is more likely to stick with a fitness program s/he enjoys and I suppose some people might enjoy exercising nude in the company of other nudies. Maybe?

I have never understood the whole nude beach thing either but it's not hurting me so "different strokes for different folks" I guess.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty liberal, but no
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with it existing, but I will not be going there! I cannot exercise without a bra to start with, so the whole idea just sounds uncomfortable as far as my body is concerned. If there are people who want to join it, more power to them.

Is this gym co-ed too? I would feel uncomfortable (aside from just being naked at the gym) to work with a male fitness trainer--whether he was clothed or nude.

I can understand a nude beach because on the beach you are practically nude anyway and some beaches are topless (not in the USA). And for the most part you are just sitting/lying there or walking or swimming. (No bras or other clothing is really necessary).

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I read once that Dick Marcinko lifted heavy nekkid. At home.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    "Looking up an old friend" could take on a whole new meaning......

My eyes just burned right out of my head in self-defense.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    It 's really no big deal. Once you get rid of the clothes and overcome your cloth bound insecurities, it's all pretty routine & boring.

I belong to a clothing optional club - - have for decades - - and sometimes work out in their gym.

Basic hygiene at such clubs requires the use of towels to sit on everywhere, not just in the gym. You also certainly wouldn' t want to run w/o a bra or jock strap depending on your gender. Shouldn't violate any rules if you do.

Other common sense rules of comfort and hygiene would also apply.

It's so interesting to hear another (informed) opinion. Thank you!

I guess so, but it's way more fun to hear the jokes.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I just keep thinking about the Seinfeld episode about good naked and bad naked and how much more revealing naked is than, say, spandex or loose basketball shorts or any of the other gym clothing that people sometimes have an issue with.

For me it reminds me of the one where George says...

BUT I WAS IN THE POOL!!!
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Besides the hygiene issue it really isn’t much more revealing than what many wear in the name of comfort.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Definite no from me
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    :D
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    NOPE. Class or not, people already don't wipe off gym equipment.
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    iewww