Help 2018

Options
I’m overweight and I can’t stop eating junk, it’s like sooo addictive to me. I always think of it and I hate exercising even thou I do try. I just can’t keep on track and would love some motivation or any tips you have. Need to lose around 30kg by the end of the year

Replies

• lnr83
    lnr83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in the same boat but I need to lose wiki. My BMI is awful...need to do it I feel so unhealthy! Are you following a plan or just your own?
  • lnr83
    lnr83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    *38kg bloody auto correct!!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Don't stop eating the "junk"

Just have a little bit of what you fancy as long as it fits your calories and you are ensuring you get adequate nutrition.

Life is too short in my book to go without the things you like.
  • elcollins2809
    elcollins2809 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Inr83, I’ve tried following plans so many times, I can never follow them so I gave this app a go to see where it leads me
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Start a food diary. Start by logging in what you eat and drink. Doesn’t matter what it is. Just make a record.

When you you have established tracking your intake as a habit, start filling in some numbers. Get a food scale. Weigh and measure your intake. Research NI for the numbers at restaurants. Make good faith estimates when you have to. You don’t need exact numbers all the time but you do need a way to be consistent in how you count.

When you’re ready, calculate a modest calorie deficit. Try to eat within your number. Look at what you have been eating and try to make a plan you will actually follow. What changes and modifications can you make that you can actually live with?

Figure it will likely take a week or more for every pound you want to lose. Figure out how you will cope with the time issue. Figure out how you will cope when discouraged.

These are all suggestions of things to do. Look at weight loss as things to do. It’s a skill set. Problem solving. Folks mistakenly approach weight loss as a list of don’ts. Not a way to live. You don’t need to berate yourself because you haven’t developed the skills before. People aren’t born to lose weight.